23 January 2017
Connected Industry: Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Deriving business value from the Industrial Internet of Things
- Overview of the Konecranes industrial internet story
- Benefits to the business and its customers over short and longer term
- Major challenges and lessons learnt
- Emergence new business opportunities and structures as a result of IIoT
Keynote panel: Opportunities and challenges in the Industrial Internet of Things
Smart Manufacturing Panel: Building the factories of the future
- Examining new factory concepts enabled by ‘Industry 4.0’ / the ‘Industrial Internet’
- How new initiatives are driving operational and business excellence
- Results in terms of Capex, Opex and reductions in energy consumption
- The future – moving from process improvements to using IIoT to drive wider innovation
TwinCAT IoT: Future-proof machine control with integrated, fast and standardised IoT connectivity up to the Cloud
- As an integrated part of the leading-edge automation software TwinCAT 3, TwinCAT IoT provides a complete solution for a fast and efficient realisation of IoT and Industry 4.0 automation projects. TwinCAT IoT supports standardised protocols for cloud communication and for sending push notifications to smart devices. TwinCAT IoT extends classic control tasks with an easy-to-implement access to standard Big Data applications such as simple data logging or more advanced analytics functionalities like pattern recognition or condition and power monitoring in the cloud and locally in private machine networks.
Case study from Shell – IT: The Power Behind Energy
- Success in the energy industry often means winning the technology race and in many cases the IT race. Find out how Shell is using IT innovation to create a competitive advantage and tackle some of the biggest challenges facing the planet.
The ‘what’ in digital transformation
- What to consider when embarking on an IOT journey
- What do you have to do to prepare the organization for that journey
- What does the end game look like
Predictive Maintenance Panel: Harnessing the power of IoT and M2M technology to transform field services and asset management
- Sharing experiences in making the move from reactive to predictive maintenance
- Exploring the challenges with implementing predictive maintenance and how they can be overcome
- Examining the effectiveness of analytics technologies for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Special considerations for remote assets
- How effective use of IoT for predictive maintenance is impacting business innovation and strategy
IoT enabled intelligent fleet management. Moving from reactive to predictive maintenance
- How to improve quality and service by predicting malfunctions before they cause unscheduled downtime and higher costs?
- Which are the key challenges to implement an IoT enabled predictive maintenance?
- How to build a layered architecture for Sensing, Communication, Service and Infrastructure?
- How predictive maintenance requires a two-step data analytics?
- How IoT help us to implement a transformational business models like performance-based or pay-per use billing?
The Business Impact Of Real World IOT Solutions
A series of case studies from the Vodafone M2M team, detailing successfully implemented M2M and the IoT solutions to solve a business issue, launch a new service or create a revenue opportunity.
Case Study – Connecting legacy equipment to realize massive quick wins in Industrial IoT
- Connect legacy machines and equipment
- Enable IoT to improve on KPIs for production and resource consumption
- Maximize ROI of IoT strategies
Panel: Logistics, car, fleet and supply chain management
- Discussing how the IoT is impacting fleet, logistics and the supply chain as a whole
- Benefits of end-to-end data sharing between stakeholders along the supply chain
- Insurance Solutions and the benefits
- Combining data for intelligence decision making
- What impact will the IoT have on the future of supply chain management and the wider business?
24 January 2017
Chairs welcome – M2M in the Connected Industry
- What opportunities does M2M provide the Connected Industry
- Enabling & orchestrating the M2M ecosystem
Keynote panel – From M2M to the IoT: The Trials & Tribulations
- Exploring the evolving needs and challenges
- New opportunities being presented for key industry players
How IoT-enabled Digital Twins and Augmented Reality will transform the way you create, operate, service and experience things
Dr. Michael Rygol
Vice President Product Management
11:00AM - Day 2
- How the Digital Twin concept bridges the physical and digital worlds to unlock new business value
- The move from traditional methods to leveraging easily-created connected mobile experiences that leverage augmented reality will offer new levels of human-thing interaction across the product lifecycle
IoT for manufacturing case-study: Digitalisation of mould making at LEGO
- Exploring the benefits of embracing the IIoT: Quality, performance and data
- Technology decision making process: sensors, connectivity and data management choices
- Pain points, challenges and lessons learnt through the process
- Future vision of how the IIoT and the data can continue to provide benefit LEGO mould making
Ultra-low-power wireless technologies for the industrial internet of things
- Wireless technology overview
- Moving from proprietary solutions to standards
- Infrastructure-less networks such as wireless M-Bus, EnOcean, KNX wireless
- Infrastructured IoT networks such as Sigfox
- Seamless integration of standards into the IoT
How is IoT technology creating new opportunities?
Tomorrow’s security and safety solutions require a new mindset on how to combine well trained staff and the best available technologies. One of the main outcomes will be ecosystems which prevent incidents before they happen. Homes, offices and cities will benefit from this this technical evolution. n.
RF Energy Harvesting to power the Internet of Things; a case study in air pollution monitoring.
The need for sustainable means to power low-energy IoT devices is clear as the costs associated with battery production, use and replacement are restricting market adoption of many IoT applications.
The application of Freevolt* ambient RF energy harvesting to CleanSpace, a new IoT network for air pollution monitoring launched last year, illustrates the potential of sensor applications of IoT when freed from the constraints of batteries or fixed power supplies.
Harnessing the Power of Real Time Analysis and the Internet of Things
Focusing on the user benefits and outcomes of the Internet of Things, this presentation will cover the following points:
- How will the Internet of Things affect you?
- A novel approach – Disruptive Innovation
- The evolution to the Internet of Everything: unmonitored plant and processes; gauges and sensor; remote monitoring by telemetry; semi automated control and remote reporting of alarms
- Predictive platforms: devices that can autonomously adjust parameters based upon measured and received data
- Artificial intelligence that creates its own rules and outcomes based on learned experiences
Examples and models will be on display at EveryWare’s stand, including technology for drug storage and energy monitoring with smart timing to reduce cost and carbon footprint.