1 June 2017
Connected Services: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Keynote: Lessons we can learn from Insurance and IoT
- Examples of how the insurance industry has embraced the IoT – pay as you drive, home insurance and health insurance
- How IoT has disrupted the insurance industry
- Individualising services for customers
- Making money from data
Panel: Future directions for the IoT in insurance
- How can connecting devices change how insurance products are delivered in the future?
- How can insurers improve their customer experience and still drive efficiency?
- Discussions around how transparent your data should be to your customers?
- How can insurers harness data and analytics to provide their customers and policy holders with the right products that meet their needs?
- What can IoT for insurance learn from other industries?
How IoT is disrupting the financial services industry
- Financial services has been named as one of the top 10 industries that are investing within the IoT in 2017, as the basis of their business is transfer of data.
- We will discuss how Fintech and IoT is disrupting this market, moving towards customer experience as the main differentiator between banks as opposed to product, brand loyalty or price.
- Transformation of the retail banking experience, from in-store payments to ATMs to other financial products.
Case-study: Postal and Logistics Operations in a connected world
- Dealing with change
- Experiences of building a connected fleet
- Building a strategy for IoT for the future
What’s next for connected services?
A presentation covering the future of IoT in service based industries.
Keynote Panel: How is the IoT shaping consumer-brand relationships?
- Exploring how the IoT can create a direct brand-consumer channel.
- What potential does this IoT ‘channel’ have for multi-way communication and to what extend can it be used for consumer engagement?
- Using IoT data streams to effectively equip yourself to form closer relationships with the customer.
- Security and privacy necessary for trust-based consumer-brand relationship.
Case Study: IoT in Retail
- How does the era of IoT change the relationship between retail stores and their shoppers e.g through Smart mirrors, dressing rooms, supply chain management and individualised marketing.
- Which tech is worth investing in, within this space?
- Real life examples of how IoT is being used look across in-store experience, real-time marketing, enhanced loyalty programs, and mobile e-commerce.
Panel: How retail blends physical and digital worlds using the IoT
- How does this evolving landscape affect retailer’s relationship with their customers, both in store and digitally?
- Advantages and disadvantages of utilising wearables, smart TVs and BLE technology in stores
- How to create a seamless experience transitioning from online to offline.
Case Study: Smart Advertising
- Smart advertising, packaging and labelling will allow marketers to collect high quality user feedback like never before – how do advertising agencies have to restructure their thinking to put a focus on the IoT
- How the information collected can help companies to reach their target market and develop products.
- What are the pros and cons of these types of connected marketing?