1 June 2017
IoT Innovations & Technologies: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
IoT 2022: a five year vision
- What are the newest innovations within IoT software, hardware and platforms and how are they impacting the current market?
- What will companies have to do to still be viable in a 2022 IoT marketplace?
- Predictions for which sectors will see growth in the next 5 years and which ones will fall by the wayside?
Panel: Powering the IoT
- The challenges associated with creating wireless devices.
- Discussion of how costs associated with battery production, use and replacement are restricting market adoption of many IoT applications.
- How technology like RF harvesting, solar power, and piezoelectric devices are changing the way makers think about IoT devices, and what are the pros and cons of these?
Using gateways, hubs and routers to support fog computing
- How transitioning from cloud to fog computing can help with current and future challenges within the IoT industry.
- What advantages do a decentralized architecture have for data processing in this every growing market, with the ever changing requirements for high speed data processing and analytics.
- Discussion of the security advantages of using a fog computing model vs a cloud based system.
MeetUp Number 3
IoT Innovation: Robotics
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in Robotics, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field, from home help, to retail via last mile delivery systems and healthcare.
IoT Innovation: Drones
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in Drone technology, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from enterprise to government.
IoT Innovation: Transport
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the transport sector, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from automated vehicles to air travel.
IoT Innovation: 3D Printing
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the transport sector, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from food printing to changing the supply chain with factory floor 3D printers for spare parts.
IoT Innovation: Wearables
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the Wearables, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from healthcare, fashion and sport.
Panel: The role of hackers in innovating within IoT security?
- How the sheer number of devices involved within the IoT make it especially vulnerable to hackers, what companies developing and utilising IoT technologies have to consider to protect their devices and data from outside attacks.
- What role white and grey hat hackers can play in developing secure IoT systems?
- Discussing the challenges and opportunities in this field, with real life examples from enterprises.
Case Study: The latest in IoT security technology.
This talk will highlight some of the latest IoT security developments from one of the industry’s leading providers of E2E security solutions.
MeetUp Number 1
MeetUp Number 2
2 June 2017
Chairs welcome and opening comments
Keynote Panel: IoT Technologies in Enterprise
- Discussing the impact that integrating IoT technology from wearables to smart lighting has on an enterprise.
- Who are the main stakeholders affected, and what benefits can be leveraged by a business when integrating IoT?
- What blue sky IoT technology can you envision being utilised by enterprises in the future?
- Who are the leaders within this field, and what are they doing right?
Case Study: AR/VR in Enterprise
A case study from enterprise about how AR/VR technology is being utilised to aid workers, improve safety and add business value, including real life examples and a discussion of some of the challenges and opportunities presented by this technology within the workplace.
Functional, usable and wearable: The IoT evolution
- Discussing market dynamics of IoT and interactions with wearables
- How do wearables intersect with IoT in general and why is that important and creates value?
- Is the current market sustainable and if not, what needs to change to make it really become an integral part of everyone’s lives?
- Future vision of wearables and the ‘Internet of You’
Innovations and opportunities in connected health
- What are the latest ground breaking ideas and innovations in healthcare technology and how are they affecting the healthcare industry in developing and developed countries?
- Who are the stakeholders in the mobile health field and how are they adapting to technological changes?
- Who is going to pay for technology and how are developments and progress in technology affecting the healthcare ecosystem?
Panel: Raising the bar – can IoT improve our fitness and performance?
- Discussing the convergence of sport and technology – smart clothing, accessories and fitness wear that can do everything from monitor your heart to charge your smartphone.
- How can predictive analytics can play a role in improving sports performance in personal and a team setting?
- Exploring innovations in smart textiles, sensors and platforms and examining which areas will provide future growth
- Sensors and connectivity: choices and challenges.
Hearables – the next generation of IoT health wearable?
- One recent study by Juniper Research suggests that the market for hearables could reach $5 billion in revenue by 2020, but what are they and who uses them?
- How smart, interactive wireless headphones can be used to transform the way we live and work.
- What are the potential applications for such technology, i.e. improving worker safety, giving notifications, instructions and communications as well as biometric identification?