20 October 2016
Connected Industry: Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Founder & CEO
09:20AM - Day 1
. Matt Hatton, Founder & CEO, Machina Research
Case-study: Deriving business value from the Industrial Internet of Things
- Overview of industrial internet story
- Benefits to the business and its customers over short and longer term
- Major challenges and lessons learnt
- Emergence new business opportunities and structures as a result of IoT
Keynote panel: Building new business opportunities with the Industrial Internet of Things
- To what extent do you need to redesign organisations, partnerships & operations to realise the value of IIoT?
- How much investment is required to successfully implement IIoT?
- What factors need to be considered before embarking on IIoT initiatives?
- Identifying and working with new ecosystem partners
- What is the true commercial potential of IIoT and to what extent is it being realised?
The Impact of IoT on Industry
- How does industry become digital
- Convergence between a consumer world and an industrial one
- IoT reshaping business models
IoT for manufacturing case-study
- Exploring the benefits of embracing the IIoT: Quality, performance and data
- Technology decision making process: sensors, connectivity and data management choices
- Pain points, challenges and lessons learnt through the process
- Future vision of how the IIoT and the data can continue to provide benefit the manufacturing process
Smart Manufacturing Panel: Building the factories of the future
- Examining new factory concepts enabled by ‘Industry 4.0’ / the ‘Industrial Internet’
- How new initiatives are driving operational and business excellence
- Results in terms of Capex, Opex and reductions in energy consumption
- The future – moving from process improvements to using IIoT to drive wider innovation
How IoT-enabled Digital Twins and Augmented Reality will transform the way you create, operate, service and experience things
- How the Digital Twin concept bridges the physical and digital worlds to unlock new business value
- The move from traditional methods to leveraging easily-created connected mobile experiences that leverage augmented reality will offer new levels of human-thing interaction across the product lifecycle
Case Study: Smart tooling for the factories of the future with M2M technologies and the Industrial Internet
- Understanding smart tool possibilities and the benefits in the manufacturing process
- Examples smart tools in practice – level of added intelligence and automation provided, and the impact on the production process
- Practicalities of developing smart tools and lessons learned from the process
Predictive Maintenance Panel: Harnessing the power of IoT and M2M technology to transform field services and asset management
- How easy is it to ingrate IoT into existing assets for maintenance purposes?
- Exploring the technology available for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance, and the level of investment required
- Special considerations for remote assets – creating an efficient mechanisms to collect data from sensors and turning this into actionable insights
- The potential benefits for business innovation and strategy of implementing IoT for maintenance
Intelligent asset management case-study: Using the IoT for predictive maintenance
- Challenges to overcome when building an IoT architecture
- Connectivity choices and keeping up with evolving communication technology
- Practicalities of data analytics – building intelligence from big data to provide real business value
- Visions for the future – how the evolution of IoT is changing economic structures
Case Study: Connecting legacy equipment to realize massive quick wins in Industrial IoT
- Connect legacy machines and equipment
- Enable IoT to improve on KPIs for production and resource consumption
- Maximize ROI of IoT strategies
21 October 2016
Connected Industry; chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Keynote panel: Digitalising heavy industry
- How important is it for industry players to be engaging with the internet of things? How far advanced is the evolution to digitalisation
- What new tools and means is digitalisation providing to heavy industry?
- Is the market moving M2M to IOT or is it the same?
- What are the major challenges of digitalising and what plans can be put in place to overcome these?
Surviving and thriving digital transformation
- What strategic questions should you be asking your organisation at the beginning of your IoT journey?
- How you can prepare?
- What are the rewards?
How can IOT effect on customer expectations?
- Product complexity drives new customer expectations
- Poor information flow can cause a problem and lead to market share loss
- Systems will need to have a synchronized flow
- To support product from the moment a customer enters an order through complete life cycle.
- IOT gives a power to customer share experience
- Company value shifting from just selling a service or product to provide support after sale
. Alexander Nazarov, Chief Engineer - COE, Cummins
The Industrial Internet of Things – A testbed perspective
- Innovation through the creation of new industry testbeds for real-world applications
- International cooperation as the base for technology and interoperability
- Best practice use cases
Panel: Smart logistics and supply chain management
- Discussing how the IoT is impacting logistics and the supply chain as a whole
- Benefits of end-to-end data sharing between stakeholders along the supply chain
- Combining data for intelligence decision making
- Impacts on complete product lifecycle
- What impact will the IoT have on the future of supply chain management and the wider business?
The IoT for lifecycle management with a global supply chain
- Understanding the value of end-to-end data over a complex manufacturing process
- Networks and infrastructure required to make this possible
- Effectively managing big data to give it context and purpose within the manufacturing process and beyond
- The extension of this process once the product is with the customer
Case-study: Postal and Logistics Operations in a connected world
- Dealing with change
- Experiences of building connected fleet
- Building a strategy for IoT
Telematics as an accelerator for the IoT Market
- Leverage telematics to provide real-time information about freight & fleet
- Create a seamless traffic and logistics operations
- How to extract value & insight from vehicle generated big data