Day 2 - 27 September 2023
10:00AM - Day 2
09:45AM - Day 1
09:45AM - Day 1
Connected Enterprise: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairperson’s welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: Maintaining Connectivity in a Time of War
Kyiv Digital is a city mobile application that was created as a part of the city`s digitalization initiative.
Residents of the capital had the opportunity to conveniently use parking services, return a previously used car from the penalty area without queues, buy QR tickets, top up a transport card, buy a monthly pass, use one-time QR tickets, receive notifications in the field of housing and communal services, and vote for proposed city improvement projects.
During the full-scale invasion, the Kyiv Digital app shifted to become a life-saving tool, which now warns of the threat of airstrikes and directs people to the nearest bomb shelter during an air raid alert.
Along with the previously designed reasons for the app, These types of alerts have become a part of its main goal; from maps of bomb shelters to directing citizens to heating points and the pinpointing of areas of significant destruction in which key infrastructure has been compromised or destroyed entirely.
- life-saving tool, which warns about airstrike threats and directs people to the nearest bomb shelter during an air raid alert;
- map of bomb shelters and heating points, and information about destruction.
- the E-petition service has significantly updated the Kyiv Digital application, which is increasingly oriented towards global standards of public communication.
Embedded Solutions Marketing Director
10:45AM - Day 2
Keynote Presentation: Simplifying massive IoT deployments with efficient and secure connectivity for enterprises
Massive IoT gives enterprises the possibility to deploy more connected devices to improve their business in a wide range of vertical applications, from smart metering to smart manufacturing, tracking & tracing and healthcare.
But getting access to the appropriate digital security and cellular connectivity without impacting the design, manufacturing and operations of the IoT solution has not been straightforward for many years.
We will share how the latest solutions built on the eSIM remove these limitations to enable sustainable and profitable IoT deployments.
- What are the issues faced by enterprises when deploying a cellular IoT solution?
- How does the new GSMA eSIM standard SGP.31/32 bring simplicity and business agility to connected enterprises?
- How to automate connectivity management to benefit from flexible, cost-effective and resilient connectivity by leveraging the new GSMA standard
- How can connected enterprise optimize their costs while getting security by design in your solution with integrated solutions and IoT SAFE?
Presentation: Castrol Smart Monitor – IoT Innovation for Industrial and Marine Customers
- Problem Statement – what is Used Oil Analysis, why is it so important and what are the current issues with that process for customers? Maintaining high-level quality oil in critical machinery and engines is critical to operations.
- Issues when things go wrong – unplanned downtime, equipment failure, manual errors, time delays, etc
- Solution – what is Castrol Smart Monitor – IOT solution using a tiered service offering to Industrial/marine customers? Allows them to monitor the condition of their oil in near real-time using the Castrol IoT Platform and features.
- Why – what is the value of this to both B2B customers and to Castrol themselves?
- Real-life Customer success story from one of our trial customers (we will need to mask the customer’s name)
- What does the future look like for this solution?
Chief Strategy and Revenue Officer
12:15PM - Day 2
SVP Enterprise IoT Solutions
12:15PM - Day 2
Sales Accounts Manager
12:15PM - Day 2
Panel: A Holistic Approach to the Connectivity Landscape
- Aligning customers’ needs across the connectivity space – knowing what you need for both short- and long-term device/ service lifecycles.
- The limitations of current connectivity solutions for enterprise infrastructures.
- Convergence and interoperability for optimised solutions by combining different technologies including LoRa, NBIoT, satellite, 5G, eSIM etc.
- Providing the right connectivity for the right use case, not a one size fits all approach.
Amine El Ammari
VP – Global Business Development
12:55PM - Day 1
Presentation: The role of satellite in enabling IoT
- Overview of the company
- Why satellites?
- Use Cases
- Future Trends
Policy Officer, Investments in High-Capacity Networks, DG CONNECT
02:15PM - Day 1
Presentation: Shaping EU’s Digital Decade with 5G for Smart Communities
- Why is 5G important and how can it contribute to the EU’s digital transition?
- What are the EU funding opportunities when it comes to building digital infrastructure?: A focus on the Connecting Europe Facility Digital programme.
- What is 5G for Smart Communities?: Ongoing projects and use cases
Senior Project Manager
02:45PM - Day 2
Presentation: Get Public Funding for your Tech SME – A Quick and Easy Guide
With the correct guidance and knowledge, you can open the doors to expedite public funding for your project.
Our upcoming session provides an opportunity to learn about the funding available to tech-based SMEs, working in fields such as IoT, Robotics, AI, Blockchain, 5G and many others. We will delve deep into the Target-X open calls and discuss the following topics:
– How the Cascade Funding mechanism works
– The availability of Funding Opportunities for Tech SMEs
– Tips for a successful project.
Fireside Chat: Kyiv Digital Connecting Communities in a Time of War
Kyiv Digital is a city mobile application created for the digitalization of the main spheres of citizens’ lives. Our mission is to transform Kyiv into a smart and sustainable city through the implementation of convenient services for residents. We strive to make our city resilient to current challenges.
Through the implementation of e-government services, Kyiv Digital offers more efficient and accessible public services to its users.
Our priorities are smart city and human-centric concepts, granting transparency of the services provided and ensuring constant feedback from users.