Day 1 - 20 September 2022
IoT Connected Enterprise: Chairperson’s Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: Connectivity for Resilient Smart Cities
- The changing views of local governments on fixed and mobile connectivity.
- Prioritising the needs of the city – how working together with other parties in the city is helping to support the benefits of IoT and digitalisation.
- How we are utilising a range of digital tech solutions including Digital Twin, open urban platforms and smart living sensors.
Head of Strategy and Growth, IoT
10:30AM - Day 1
Keynote Presentation: The Dramatic Change in eSIM and What’s Apple Got To Do With
These are very exciting times for eSIM. Over the last two years, we’ve observed a major shift in mindset, with telcos not only abandoning all resistance but moving full speed ahead into their evaluations of how they can best embrace the revolution. During the session, we will discuss the great value eSIM brings to subscribers, OEMs, and communications providers and analyze the Apple eSIM approach effect.
Jan Rijk Vonk
11:00AM - Day 1
Panel: Connectivity for 2023 and Beyond
- Tackling interoperability and latency issues – how can we make progressions across these spaces?
- Formalising the infrastructure – creating parameters for data types and business models to create a holistic approach.
- Policy, privacy, trust and certification – overcoming the issues created by people, not the technology.
- Using AI, ML, Edge, digital twin and other disruptive technologies to optimise products and services for the next frontier of IoT connectivity.
Presentation: Two use case – Processing of Large Bursts of IoT Streaming Data, and Building ML-Models using Small Data Sets for Training
Many companies use AWS services to incorporate new big data and ML use cases in their products. In this session we present two examples with particular characteristics: (i) processing of large bursts of IoT streaming data reliably and efficiently, and (ii) developing and deploying an ML-model using small data sets for training.
Principal IoT Solutions Engineer
12:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: “Embedded CPaaS”- How Connecting Hardware and Humans is the Next Evolutionary Step for IoT
Connectivity and human communication go hand in hand in many real-world IoT deployments: letting industrial IoT sensors send messages or email notifications to field staff, or embedding voice or video into consumer devices, are just two examples.
Twilio is a newer player in the IoT landscape and uniquely combines 3 main ingredients for successful deployments of connected devices:
– Reliable global cellular connectivity through a native Multi-IMSI SIM architecture with eUICC/eSIM support
– Unbrickable OTA firmware updates and industry-first secure remote debugging through an innovative hypervisor-based approach
– API-based omnichannel staff and customer communications through voice, video, SMS, messaging, chat, and email
This presentation will give a high-level overview of how Twilio is innovating in all 3 areas, and how its customers are “connecting hardware and humans” to deploy the next generation of real-world IoT and “embedded CPaaS”.
12:50PM - Day 1
Presentation: Role of LEO Constellation with regards to IoT/5G
- Advantages of LEO constelations.
- Use case to be considered.
- How Critical IoT and Massive IoT reach higher capabilities running on 5G.
- Understanding the role of capacity for the sheer number of connected devices deployed.
Head of Data & Analytics Practice Sales & Solutions for Europe & Middle East
01:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: How Virtusa is Helping Clients on Data Modernisation with AWS
To follow soon…
Panel: IoT and Ar hold great promises for numerous years now, in practice adoption looks very slow beyond some shy PoC’s. Can we identify why and how to cope with it ?
- How easy can IOT solutions be sold and offered custom-made by IT resellers to their customers?
- How to build a bridge between OT and IT?
- How can industrial smart glasses give remote assistance in sectors like manufacturing, healthcare, oil and gas, logistics and agro-biotech?
Senior Business Consultant
02:40PM - Day 1
Presentation: Going global? This is How you Stay in Control of your IoT Solution with our First Class Connectivity
Connecting anything, anywhere is more than just adding a SIM card. Learn more about how we connect industrial printers from Videojet and pin terminals from Adyen all over the world. Get practical tips on the steps you need to take to set up a stable, scalable and secure IoT network.
Presentation: The Importance of Information Models for an Industry 4.0 Production
- Current practical challenges regarding the establishment of an industry 4.0 manufacturing.
- How data models provide a crucial basis for industry 4.0 in manufacturing.
- A practical approach to introduce an appropriate data model for manufacturing.
Fireside Chat: IoT Security – Acting Ahead of the Threat
- A security first approach – how to secure old and new infrastructures to build a cyber secure eco-system.
- Current trends being seen to infiltrate digital systems.
- The constant battle of staying secure in an ever-adapting digital world.
- Industry collaborations for improved security solutions and standards.
Senior Director, Product Management
Palo Alto Networks
10:45AM - Day 2
04:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: Never Trust Always Verify! Easily Implement Complete Zero Trust by Securing IoT and OT Devices
The first half of 2021 saw 1.5 billion attacks on smart devices, more than 100% growth in cyberattacks against Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices. This session shares a set of best practices to help you with a closed-loop Zero Trust security strategy to protect your IoT, IoMT, and OT devices:
- Understand the security risks to the enterprise, industrial and healthcare networks introduced by increasing digitization.
- Learn about the key challenges in securing unmanaged IT, IoT, and OT devices and how to properly implement segmentation to limit risk.
- Leverage the power of community sharing (CVEs, NIST, ICS-CERT, MDS2, FDA recalls, and more).
Cyber Security Lead
Royal Mail Group
04:50PM - Day 1
Presentation: IT/OT Convergence – A Cyber Security Approach
- IT vs OT: Key differentiators.
- Why Architecture vs Design is key for IT/OT Convergence.
- Defining a roadmap on how to tackle IT/OT convergence.
- How OT Security enables digital transformation.
- A look at the challenges and solutions faced.