Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Connected Transportation: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Keynote: How Uber is making IoT and connectivity it’s competitive advantage
From self-driving vehicles to connected UberEats tablets, IoT and connectivity can be a source of competitive advantage. Find out how ‘Internet of (moving) Things’ changes the game for transportation.arket.
Keynote Panel: Creating Smart Transport Systems for the Intelligent Consumer
- Sensors are the foundation of every IoT tracking system, but within the transportation sector, are they being used for more than just to monitor accidents, road and weather conditions.
- Exploring the potential of IoT in the transport sector, both in private and public transportation systems, and how it can help cities to address trends such as traffic congestion, environmental awareness and improving quality of life.
- Discovering ways in which smart transportation can add business value and generate additional revenue
- Real life examples from the globes largest train, bus, underground and airline companies.
Is Tolling Next to be Revolutionised by the IoT?
This talk will look at how ETC (Electronic Toll-Collection) can truly be automated by the implementation of IoT technologies such as sensors, RFID tags and Cloud technology. It will also look at how the implementation of other technologies such as Blockchain could create a secure and efficient system.
IoT-Enabled Traffic Management Solutions
- How are traffic management solutions utilising the IoT can impact on reducing congestion and emissions, increasing safety efficiency and performance, and improve quality of life for citizens?
- The role of smart parking, smart signalling and other traffic management technologies in enhancing urban mobility.
- How data at the heart of transport innovation; utilising data to prevent failure and fatalities and for real time and predictive traffic management.
- Real life examples from smart cities across the globe.
Smart Parking in the Smart City
As cities are becoming more populous, the concern turns to whether current infrastructure is fit for purpose. With smart parking solutions being rolled out, what were parking problems could be turned into new opportunities for Parking Service Providers. This talk will look at how this is affecting not only car-parking, but urban mobility and traffic management solutions.
Edge Computing in transportation
This talk will look at how Clearblade is impacting the connected transportation market, specifically focusing on the use of edge computing.
Panel: The Smart Evolution of transportation assets and infrastructure
- How assets are becoming a data-rich nodes, the technology that these implement and the & the insights that they glean
- With increasingly ‘smart’ vehicles, how is the physical infrastructure coping?
- A report by GE has found that the integration of IoT Technology to the transportation industry will save the sector 10% in costs. Can this technology evolution afford to be underestimated?
Connected Aircrafts for the High-Flying Consumer
This presentation will discuss the way in which the Connected Airplane will use IoT data to be better prepared for every situation. It will also review the systems which are helping improve passenger experience, in-flight, flight operations, and aircraft turnaround time to avoid any delays which inconvenience both the airline and the passenger.
Panel: The Next Generation of Connected Cars and Vehicles
- Exploring the connected vehicle ecosystem in 2018.
- Aims for a seamless customer experience and the obstacles to be overcome to provide this.
- Visions of the more connected future for vehicles and mobility
- Thinking of the car as more than a connected device but a platform for apps and services.
- The role of partnerships within the connected car ecosystem, from start-ups to enterprises.
V2X technology to enable the driverless car
Driverless cars are poised to become one of the most globally transformative pieces of technology of the 21st century, predicted to drop the number of accidents on the road 80% by 2040. This talk will deal with how the use of V2X technology will move the car to the top of the Automated driving levels – a truly driverless car.