Day 1 - 26 September 2023
Accelerating the IoT & Edge Computing: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Digital Acceleration through the IoT
- Prioritising the focus – utilising technologies to offer new services.
- A new approach to the business through data-guided changes.
- Adopting Society 5.0 and the new strategies here.
Keynote Presentation: IoT Data Handling
- Real-time decision making through IoT sensors.
- Contextualising the data correctly – ensuring you are reading and actioning the correct response.
Presentation: Innovative Application Development
- The key focus when developing – security, privacy, compatibility and connectivity.
- Ready for the market – where to look for investment and funding opportunities.
Building Automation, the Infrastructures of Tomorrow
- Current building automation capabilities.
- Securing smart infrastructures – what key steps need to be taken to help create a robust cyber strategy?
- What are the current standards and protocols to help create an interoperable infrastructure?
- What new services will arise from AI, ML and 5G-optimised infrastructures?
Presentation: Working on the Edge for Optimum Response
- Edge processing for optimum IoT deployments – how this resolves latency and connectivity barriers.
- The advantages of running on quicker response rates through a de-centralised system.
- Examples of Edge technologies at work.
Presentation: Digitalizing Legacy Infrastructures
- Ideas on where to start – what needs to be implemented early on in the process of digitising infrastructures?
- The advantages of being able to create localised infrastructures.
- Edge technologies enabling interconnectivity for truly optimised infrastructures.
Presentation: The Cognitive City
- The future of the cognitive city with AI and IoT sensors.
- Utilising edge and 5G capabilities for immediate response connectivity.
- IoT’s role in building a sustainable infrastructure.
Presentation: The State of Edge in 2023
- ‘The Roadmap to Edge’, what happened in 2022 and where are we now?
- The edge computing landscape is evolving fast. How can enterprises best prepare to ride the upcoming trends?
Presentation: The Economics of Edge – How to Ensure a Cost-Effective Transformation
- Edge-enabled enterprise transformation has the potential to accelerate delivery value, and reduce operational costs to ensure efficiency.
- How to evaluate edge performance to ensure it is a worthwhile investment for your organisation.
- The ongoing chicken and egg debate: Can we afford to wait for monetizable applications before making the investment needed to scale up edge infrastructure?
- Do the benefits of Edge outweigh the high financial cost of accelerating its deployment?
- To what extent do private cellular networks offer the solution to scale up the edge in strategic and commercial locations?
- Will the footprint of Edge infrastructure naturally grow in line with the deployment of 5G networks?
Panel: The Evolution of Edge – Where Do We Go Next?
- Future roadmap toward widespread adoption of intelligent Edge.
- The possibilities created by fast and local critical decision making.
- Predictions for the next round of innovations within the space – where will Edge be by 2025?
Presentation: Edge Compute in Robotics and Computer Vision
- Why is Edge Computing essential to computer vision operations?
- Computer Vision on Edge Vs. Cloud
- Edge Robotics – are we ready?
Presentation: The Intersection of Edge Computing and Digital Twin
- Reviewing Digital Twin Enablers – what is needed in your toolkit?
- What are the opportunities and risks with these technologies?
- Case Studies discussed.