Day 1 - 26 September 2023
Operational IoT: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Dr. Satyajit Wattamwar
Data Science & Digital Expertise Leader
03:25PM - Day 1
Roland van der Heijden
Program Manager - Digital City Rotterdam
City of Rotterdam
10:00AM - Day 1
i-Team Director - Digital Urban Planning Lab
City of Amsterdam
10:00AM - Day 1
Ben Lomax Thorpe
Head of Digital Twin
10:00AM - Day 1
Panel: Staying on Track with Digital Twins
- Current pitfalls hindering digital twins across industries.
- Providing unparalleled insights, are digital twins the best market product for reduced costs and risks?
- Understanding the digital transformation process for implementing digital twins.
- Incorporating other technologies like AI, ML and Blockchain for agile processes.
Keynote Presentation: Digital Twin – The technology evolution and the revolution
- What is digital twin and its evolution stages
- Knowing where to utilise digital twin technologies – when to implement them and the steps for a successful result.
- Simulation and digital twins – where does the accountability lie?
- How to grow the implementation of digital twins across industries.
Presentation: Not All Time-Series Are Equal – Challenges of Storing and Analysing Industrial Data
In the rapidly evolving realm of Industrial IoT, dealing with diverse data ranging from slow-moving structured data to high-frequency measurements presents unique challenges.
This talk explores the complexities of industrial big data, characterised by its high variety, unstructured features and different data frequencies, and how these attributes influence data storage, retention, and integration.
In this presentation, we’ll demonstrate how TGW leverages CrateDB to build digital twins of physical warehouses around the world.
– The Complexity of IoT Data: An examination of the unique properties of industrial IoT data, including slow-moving structured information and high-frequency measurements.
– Challenges and Solutions: Discussion of the difficulties in data storage, retention, and integration posed by this complexity, and how CrateDB provides a targeted solution.
– Real-World Applications: Exploration of actual customer use cases to illustrate how CrateDB can be applied in various industrial scenarios.”
12:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: Enter the Era of AI-Optimized Industrial Plants
Within the heart of the contemporary industrial framework lies a profound challenge: the deep-seated issue of data siloing and fragmentation, hindering the realization of full operational potential.
Integrating core operational infrastructure with cloud-based AI and ML ushers in a transformative era. When merged with the analytical depth of machine learning, the result is assets that are not merely responsive, but proactively self-optimizing.
This confluence not only brings about financial prudence but also lays the groundwork for markedly elevated production capabilities and efficiencies.
Delve deeper into, where rigorous data analysis meets the dynamic drive of industrial modernization, setting the pace for the industry’s next quantum leap.
Gerard van der Hoeven
12:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: Data Autonomy in the Age of the Connected Enterprise
In an era of digital twins, organizations should have the capability to assert control over their data.
we will share, how the i4Trust Data Space Acceleration Programme, fueled by the iSHARE Trust Framework and FIWARE, backed by real-world examples, offers a comprehensive suite of features designed to empower individuals with data control.
Director of Intelligent Automation
11:40AM - Day 1
12:40PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Future of Data-Enabled Automation – Pioneering the Next Era of Digital Transformation
Delve into the transformative power of data-driven automation and its pivotal role in shaping the future of industries. Gain valuable insights into how businesses can leverage data to fuel innovation, optimize processes, and embrace a new era of digital transformation. Discover cutting-edge technologies and practical strategies that enable organizations to unleash the full potential of data-enabled automation in propelling their journey towards a digitally empowered future.
- The Data-Intelligent Ecosystem: Uncover the pivotal role of data in enabling automation to deliver actionable insights and improved performance
- Rethinking the Workforce: Learn how the collaboration between humans and AI elevates productivity and ignites innovation
- Demystifying Automation Adoption: Explore the significance of low-code technologies in democratizing automation and driving rapid implementation
- Elevating Efficiency with Hyper-automation: witness the game-changing impact of hyper-automation, redefining organizational capabilities for the digital age.
Networking Break & Lunch
Presentation: Nueva Pescanova links the blue economy with the application of an aquaculture 4.0 strategy – the story of the first intelligent sustainable aquafarm of the world
Nueva Pescanova Group is a leading multinational company specializing in the fishing, farming, processing, and commercialization of seafood products. The company is also on a mission to become the most digitalized seafood company worldwide while optimizing aquaculture processes and improving the conservation of marine species through technology.
This session will share the key elements of their digital journey and its application to businesses and countries worldwide.
Discover how they are leveraging IoT, AI and robotics to optimize and modernize aquaculture processes to control 100% of the processes automatically and in real-time, improving the efficiency and sustainability of crops, encouraging business predictability, and guaranteeing food traceability.
Panel: The Next Frontier for Industrial Digitalization
- Digitalising the factory floor – getting the digital transformation steps right to implement fully autonomous processes.
- Optimizing lean processes through digital technologies.
- Leveraging predictive analytics to stay ahead of potential errors or failures.
- A sustainable focus on products and services – the advantages of a circular economy approach.
Senior Head of Smart Devices and Strategic Alliances
03:40PM - Day 1
Presentation: Digitalizing the FMCG Business Model – How IoT Devices and Data Platforms Build Better Consumer Value and Loyalty
The presentation will look at how traditional FMCG categories can be reinvented in the age of data, AI and robotics.
- How FMCG companies can leverage mixing-in-the-moment
- Opportunities for new delivery mechanisms using IoT and mixing-in-the-moment
- Better consumer value = Better data
Better data = Better loyalty and Better business model
President and Executive Director
04:10PM - Day 1
Presentation: #ShiftHappens – Intelligent Connected Tires as a Game-Changer in New Age Mobility
We have been championing the idea of making tires talk. Tires are the only part of a vehicle touching the ground, so Tires are a mission-critical asset in the everyday life of passenger cars, trucks, heavy machinery, buses, and agriculture. If the tires stop, the whole operations stop. And yet, tires are still perceived as dumb rubber.
So, what if tires and roads could talk? What stories would they tell?
- Analysing the Lifetime of a Tire
- Predicting when and why a tire is about to fail
- Increasing the sustainability of transportation by increasing fuel efficiency, reducing roadside breakdowns, and improving maintenance jobs
- Putting tires in the centre of operations for autonomous driving
- Shifting old-school product sales business models into Mobility as a Service operations
President & Executive Director
04:30PM - Day 1
02:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: OPC UA – Standardized, secure exchange of information from assets to dataspaces
- Interoperability in IT projects
- Criteria for easy connection to dataspaces
- Dataspace success stories for Carbon capturing and storage and CO2-footprint