Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Developing for the IoT – Chair’s welcome and opening comments
IoT Solutions Lead
11:00AM - Day 2
10:20AM - Day 1
Panel: The Fundamentals of IoT Device Management
There is no doubt that device management is the foundation for any IoT solution. This talk will look at the ways in which IoT device management platforms offer lifecycle management capabilities which can help deploy, monitor, maintain, manage, and update IoT devices at-scale.
Realizing the IoT
The IoT stands to innovate every facet of the way we live our lives and is moving from functionable to proactive and problem solving. How are companies ensuring that the potential of the IoT is realized?
VP Product Management
12:00PM - Day 1
Legacy development approaches and tools simply aren’t architected to handle the enormous flow of real-time, event-driven, data streams generated by IoT devices, existing systems, and people.
In this session, learn how the revolution in event-driven application platforms enable innovative companies to develop, deploy and run real-time enterprise applications – enabled by the IoT – with dramatically reduced time-to-market, significantly lowered development and maintenance costs, and maximized agility in the face of requirements for continuous innovation and digital transformation.
Tools, SDKs and APIs for End-To-End Development
- How effective are the currently available tools designed to reduce the design-develop-deployment cycle?
- Do they provide the level of flexibility required to allow your products to change over their lifecycle?
- What are the challenges that arise with using sensors and how to overcome them?
- What role does open source software play here?
IoT Testing at Scale
The sheer number of devices involved within the IoT make it especially vulnerable to hackers, and hence penetration testing has a growing role within the IoT security lifecycle. What do companies developing and utilising IoT technologies have to consider to protect their devices and data from This talk will discuss the challenges and opportunities in this field, with real life examples from enterprises.
IoT Business Development Manager, EMEAI
03:00PM - Day 1
Can your IoT Device withstand the Rigors of the Real World?
- Predict and extend the battery life of your IoT device
- Ensure that your IoT device can peacefully coexist with other wireless devices out there
- Implement a cost effective manufacturing test solution on your production lines
Panel: Connectivity Considerations for IoT Solutions
- Which is better for your product, a Cat-o, Cat-1 or Cat-M LTE network or an LPWA network?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
- How Mesh networks can be utilised by a range of industries, not just the Smart Home sector to provide flexible and scalable connectivity without the need for ISP’s for the IoT.
eSIM Technology as an Enabler for IoT Connectivity
With the advent of the eSIM, the world of telco connectivity has changed. This talk will look at the eSIM market as a whole and the way that it will affect the pace and the manner in which IoT devices are developed and deployed.