Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Developing for the IoT – Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Realizing the IoT
The IoT stands to innovate every facet of the way we live our lives and is moving from functionable to proactive and problem solving. How are companies ensuring that the potential of the IoT is realized?
Panel: The Fundamentals of IoT Device Management
There is no doubt that device management is the foundation for any IoT solution. This talk will look at the ways in which IoT device management platforms offer lifecycle management capabilities which can help deploy, monitor, maintain, manage, and update IoT devices at-scale.
IoT Platform Selection, Key Criteria and Considerations
- End to end, Connectivity, Cloud, or Data? Which is right for your IoT product.
- How will the key considerations of a business change over time and how can the right platform help rather than hinder?
- Key considerations when choosing a platform; provisioning and authentication, configuration and control, monitoring and diagnostics and software updates and maintenance.
- Bottom up vs top down approaches in selection.
Application Design and Development
This talk will look at how solution providers are ensuring that their applications are fit for purpose. This includes, amongst other considerations, ensuring they are scalable, interoperable, and have an in-built layer of security.
Tools, SDKs and APIs for End-To-End Development
- How effective are the currently available tools designed to reduce the design-develop-deployment cycle?
- Do they provide the level of flexibility required to allow your products to change over their lifecycle?
- What are the challenges that arise with using sensors and how to overcome them?
- What role does open source software play here?
IoT Testing at Scale
The sheer number of devices involved within the IoT make it especially vulnerable to hackers, and hence penetration testing has a growing role within the IoT security lifecycle. What do companies developing and utilising IoT technologies have to consider to protect their devices and data from This talk will discuss the challenges and opportunities in this field, with real life examples from enterprises.
Panel: Connectivity Considerations for IoT Solutions
- Which is better for your product, a Cat-o, Cat-1 or Cat-M LTE network or an LPWA network?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
- How Mesh networks can be utilised by a range of industries, not just the Smart Home sector to provide flexible and scalable connectivity without the need for ISP’s for the IoT.
Massive IoT and the 5G Revolution
This talk will look at how the combination of Massive IoT and new 5G technology will improve both the connectivity speed and coverage to drive IoT to achieve its full potential.
Interoperability for a Predictable Future
- How to drive collaboration within the currently stagnant interoperability market.
- Are multimode radio solutions & software flexibility the answer?
- What are ways to enable interoperability to scale from device-to-device and application-to-application all the way to system-to-system, infrastructure-to-infrastructure, sector-to-sector, region-to-region, and above for a truly global IoT?
eSIM Technology as an Enabler for IoT Connectivity
With the advent of the eSIM, the world of telco connectivity has changed. This talk will look at the eSIM market as a whole and the way that it will affect the pace and the manner in which IoT devices are developed and deployed.