Day 1 - 1 July 2020
Developing for the IoT – Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Principal Architect for IoT
Are we there yet?
What the evolution of Connected Car platforms can teach us about building large scale IoT platforms.
Transitioning IoT projects and platforms from early adoption into large scale deployment presents multiple challenges for example around scalability and cost.
In this session we will look at the lessons learned from Solace’s work with Connected Car Platforms.
We will explore how adopting an event driven approach from the start and choosing an event delivery technology that allows you to evolve from a small initial deployment to a hybrid IoT event mesh can enable you to make this transition easily.
Realizing the IoT
The Internet of Things stands to innovate every facet of the way companies operate or innovate and is starting to have an impact on consumers too. IOT starts moving from a promise to real world problem solving and proven use cases, driven by companies and technologies that ensure the full potential is realized.
Building Event-Driven Systems at the Speed of IoT
In this session, learn how the revolution in event-driven application platforms enable innovative companies to develop, deploy and run real-time enterprise applications – enabled by the IoT – with dramatically reduced time-to-market, significantly lowered development and maintenance costs, and maximized agility in the face of requirements for continuous innovation and digital transformation.
Industry X.0 Lead, Italy, Central Europe and Greece (ICEG)
Case Study: Accenture
to follow soon . . .
Global Head of Nokia WING
01:00PM - Day 1
IoT and 5G: Rise of a New Era
As groundbreaking and revolutionary use cases like factory automation, autonomous driving, smart cities or eHealth emerge, ultra reliable and secure connectivity becomes a necessity. Although in its early days 5G networks are likely to support extreme mobile broadband, the market is expected to expand at a fast pace as the coverage improves. Soon, 5G will begin to deliver on its full promise: lower latency, higher speed and greater reliability. This bright future is closer than one might think and the journey can be advanced by unlocking the power of edge computing. Because processing is done close to users and devices, extreme low-latency applications will become a reality of today. Finally, for the agile introduction of 5G enabled services, there is a natural need for dynamic and flexible global connectivity.
In our session we would like to invite you to think together about the true business innovation potential of IoT in the 5G era and beyond.
IoT Business Development Manager, EMEAI
Can your IoT Device withstand the Rigors of the Real World?
- Predict and extend the battery life of your IoT device
- Ensure that your IoT device can peacefully coexist with other wireless devices out there
- Implement a cost effective manufacturing test solution on your production lines
Dipl. Ing. Karel Krcmar
Head of IoT
M2M Communication Holding
NB-IoT/LTE-M Real Solution: Easy, Now, DONE!
- Utilize experience of those who succeeded
- Find the right network
- Use the right tools
- Real profitable NB-IoT use case
Regional Sales Manager EMEA - Simplex Products
EdgeX Applications Working Group
01:00PM - Day 2
Joep van Eijden
Keynote Panel: Connectivity Considerations for IoT Solutions
- Which is better for your product, a Cat-0, Cat-1 or Cat-M LTE, licenced/licenced LPWA or even Satellite network?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies
- The drawbacks for the different types of networks, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
- The role of intelligent-switching capabilities across mobile networks and platforms (an intelligent platform sits about the network connectivity, which can switch between different network types); Is this realistic? What are the challenges? Is this the future of connectivity?
- How Mesh networks can be utilised by a range of industries, not just the Smart Home sector to provide flexible and scalable connectivity without the need for ISP’s for the IoT?