Day 2 - 24 September 2021
IoT Connectivity Innovations – Chairperson’s Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Autonomous Journeys with Connected Vehicles
- The current status of autonomous vehicles – capabilities and deployment.
- Key factors for success including responsiveness and security.
- What connectivity options are proving most efficient for real-time data transmission?
- What is needed for the full fleet of autonomous vehicles to be the norm?
IoT Connectivity Driving Industry Innovations
- What are the wireless technology trends enabling enterprise innovations?
- Connectivity at the core of IoT project success and industry progressions.
- Use-cases of connectivity services in action.
Which IoT Connectivity is right?
- A look at the different network solutions that can be integrated to give optimum connectivity and device efficiency.
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network.
- What partnerships are key to building inter-connectivity between devices?
Panel: Integrating IoT Connectivity
- How interoperable are current network services?
- Comparing pros and cons of IoT solutions including LTE, Edge and Mesh.
- Can intelligent-switching options be the solution for multiple location IoT deployments working in real-time? Is this where eSIM’s help create a holistic connection?
- Standardisation – securing the full line of connectivity and where to start.
Mass Connectivity through Cellular Networks – a Look Across Industries
- Advantages and disadvantages of using WLAN or cellular technologies for industrial production, including Private LTE & 5G solutions.
- Where is your money best spent? Wired Vs wireless interface cost implication.
Talking to the Machine with M2M Connectivity
- ‘Plug and play’ approach to machine connectivity – knowing what sensors you need and where to use them.
- Utilising the data gathered to understand operational insights like never before.
- Is hosting via the cloud the quickest way to respond?
- Examples of M2M connectivity across industries.
The Solutions of the eSIM
- What eSIM offers that other solutions don’t – the interoperability capabilities.
- Mass device connectivity through cellular networks.
- Is a change in the telecom business models still needed for wider adoption of the technology?
Panel: Connectivity for 2021 and Beyond
- Looking at long-term strategies for deployments – knowing what connectivity you will need in the future and not just for the short-term.
- Using AI, Edge and other disruptive technologies to optimise products and services.
- What is the next frontier for IoT connectivity?
Covering the Range – Securing & Scaling IoT Device Connectivity
- What IoT networks can provide the level of device connectivity you need?
- Sensor integration: how these vary and what barriers are present?
- The necessary steps that need to be taken to help secure the network – is this where Mobile Private Networks step-in?
- Is the latency of 5G Networks an enabler or a hinderance here?
IoT Running on 5G
- How Critical IoT and Massive IoT reach higher capabilities running on 5G.
- Understanding the role of capacity for the sheer number of connected devices deployed.
- Running on ultra-low latency for instant data insights and AI responses.
Future Progressions – A look at the IoT Connectivity space
- How has 5G disrupted and evolved the connectivity of IoT devices?
- What will be the next disruption in the IoT connectivity landscape? WiFi 6?
- The IoT has come a long way in the last 10 years, what are the predictions for the next 10 years?
Connecting Communities – Smart Environments through IoT Networks
- As the core of smart stadiums, cities and environments successes are based off of connectivity, which solution/s from the wide-array of options available will be integral to future success?
- What other disruptive technologies can enable these connected spaces?
- A look at the pros and cons of these and industry use-cases.