Day 2 - 20 June 2019
IoT Innovations & Solutions: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for start ups and companies wanting to adopt the IoT.
IoT Innovation: Edge Computing
The expanding implementation of Edge computing can be seen across the IoT eco-system – According to Medium, experts predict that in the next 2 years, 5.6 billion IoT devices owned by enterprises and governments will utilise edge computing for data collection and processing.
- Is the flexibility of generating, collecting and analysing data at the edge of networks the key to competitive advantage?
- What does this easily accessible data mean for businesses?
- The future of edge computing and what this means for the cloud
IoT Innovation: Cloud Infrastructure
- Migration to the cloud – Using the cloud for information operations
- Economic benefits of a pay-per-use model
- Scalability in delivery
Head of Digital Accelerator
11:00AM - Day 2
12:00PM - Day 2
Panel: Predictions, IoT 2020 and Beyond
- In the last year, what have been the hottest Innovations within the IoT Market?
- What’s the next industry to be transformed by the IoT?
- The IoT has come a long way in the last 10 years, what are the predictions for the next 10 years?
Head of Operations
12:00PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Device Management
Key considerations when choosing the right device management platform for your IoT project
IoT Innovation: Application Development
- Which sector are you developing for?
- Key focuses when developing – Security, privacy, compatibility and connectivity
- Where to find your funding? Responsibility sourcing
IoT Innovation: Streamsheets, Build IoT-based Apps & Microservices like professional programmers just by using your Spreadsheet skills
- Learn how to build full grown IoT Applications and Microservices with Cedalo’s innovative Streamsheet technology
- Discover how to connect Streamsheets with sensors and actuators over MQTT, REST or Apache Kafka
- Build real-time analytical applications for Smart Factory, Smart Building or Smart City using just your spreadsheet skills
- How to deploy Streamsheet applications and microservices as reliable 24/7 server processes in the private or public cloud
Co-Founder and Software Developer
S2E - Systems
02:20PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Developing Data-Centric Control Systems for the IIoT
- Evolution of control software systems in industrial environment
- What is data-centric and why is it needed?
- Developing model-based feedback control
- Dynamic deployment and distributed system configuration
IoT Innovation: Compatibility
- How compatible is your IoT platform?
- Pros V Cons of having a segmented industry focused platform
- Ensuring interoperability to compete with future advancements
IoT Innovation: Deriving Value from the IoT
IoT platforms provide insights into everything it’s connected with – This session will look at gaining value from your IoT application, including competitive advantage and economic benefits
IoT Innovation: Security for IoT Devices
This talk will focus on the importance of security within IoT devices:
- Which platform suits your needs?
- Solutions for weak spots within your security platform
- Multi-layered security vs a simplistic approach, which option best protects from cyber-attacks?
IoT Innovation: RFID & Sensors
Sensors are at the core of IoT – The growing demand for smart electronics and wearable devices (MEMS, Micro-electromechanical system) has allowed for sensors to deliver in numerous sectors. RFID has provided a solution for wide spread connectivity in supply chains and warehouse storage. This session will look at how the deployment of RFID and smart sensors within IoT has impacted:
- Consumer products
- Medical and Healthcare Sector
- Home automation and hospitality