Day 1 - 1 July 2020
Smart Buildings & Energy: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for IoT developers, vendors and service providers.
CTO Function – Smart Platform
Keynote: Fast track IoT & Analytics in Cloud
We are now in a fast lane to cloud. There are no fence sitters. However it is still a daunting task to connect to cloud, push heap of data up and be able to analyse a hot stream of IT.
Internet of things is making sleeping ‘machines data’ more live and IOT now has a place in boardrooms. The key to success is in execution and the right architecture. Let’s delve into a couple of case studies to examine more.
Product Manager B2B Services
How Remote Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance can save Utilities Time and Money
Remote monitoring of a home’s boiler allows home owners and tenants to identify issues often before they fully materialise. Furthermore it enables heating engineers to show up on location with the knowledge and tools they need to efficiently fix the problem.
Panel: Smart Buildings for the Smart Enterprise
- The latest trends and technologies making connected building advancements an enterprise’s greatest and largest asset
- Ideas on where to start – What needs to be implemented early on and what system works best for your building?
- What partnerships are key to building interconnectivity between devices? Does it all need to be the same or is variety in technology, hardware and software the way forward? Are Cloud and Mesh Systems the vital components?
- How to understand the data and glean insights
- The solutions these systems provide for the IoT ecosystem, e.g. economic advantages for retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturers and more
Dr. Maher Chebbo
Senior Executive SVP, Chief Business Innovation Officer
Reshaping the Energy Market with Disruptive Digital IOT/AI Energy Efficiency Solutions
- Energy trends towards a decarbonized Europe 2050
- ETIP SNET Digital recommendations
- State of the art of Digital technologies
- Benefits of Digital Use Cases
- Take away in Energy and coupled sector
PHD Researcher - Disruptive Technologies & Business Models
University of Amsterdam
Global Project Director, Connectivity
Director, Programmes & Innovation
The Carbon Trust
Business Developer and Project Manager
European Space Agency
Panel: Smart Grids and Distributed Energy Resources
- Discussing the benefits of IoT applied energy technology on managing energy usage, cost efficiency, increase resiliency and environmental sustainability
- What are the benefits of implementing smart grids for distributed energy resources such as those generating, storing and using energy? What role does supply and demand play within smart and micro-grids and how are these demands managed?
- Using smart grids to track and automate distribution of energy across these resources and increase operational efficiency
- How can smart grids help improve the safety of power distribution – Predictive maintenance and beyond
IT CTO Consultant
The importance of IoT within Shell’s Digital agenda
IoT is an important component of the Digital agenda in Shell, but at all times it is important to look at the end to end Digital workflow to ensure that we get maximum value out of the IoT investments.