Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Smart Buildings & Energy: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for IoT developers, vendors and service providers.
Remote Monitoring Solutions for Smart Buildings
Remote monitoring provides an advantage to enterprises that was once never possible – The use of smart equipment and sensors provides businesses with numerous options in terms of what they wish to monitor, including asset performance and response rate to machine issues/ failures. This system allows for solutions to be monitored and remote analysis of the enterprise like never before. This talk will expand on these key points and look deeper at how remote monitoring is helping businesses have an unparalleled insight into their building.
Panel: Smart Buildings for the Smart Enterprise
- The latest trends and technologies making connected building advancements an enterprise’s greatest and largest asset
- Ideas on where to start – What needs to be implemented early on and what system works best for your building?
- What partnerships are key to building interconnectivity between devices? Does it all need to be the same or is variety in technology, hardware and software the way forward? Are Cloud and Mesh Systems the vital components?
- How to understand the data and glean insights
- The solutions these systems provide for the IoT ecosystem, e.g. economic advantages for retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturers and more
11:30AM - Day 1
Fast track IoT & Analytics in Cloud
This talk will be given by Kiran Pande, CTO for Heathrow Airport
Co-founder and CPO
12:00PM - Day 1
How remote monitoring and predictive maintenance can save consumers time and money
Remote monitoring of a home’s boiler allows home owners and tenants to identify issues often before they fully materialise. Furthermore it enables heating engineers to show up on location with the knowledge and tools they need to efficiently fix the problem.
Dr. Maher Chebbo
Senior Executive SVP, Chief Business Innovation Officer
02:00PM - Day 1
12:00PM - Day 1
Reshaping the Energy Market with Disruptive Digital IOT/AI Energy Efficiency Solutions
This talk will be given by Dr. Maher Chebbo, Senior Executive SVP, Chief Business Innovation Officer for GE Power
PHD Researcher - Disruptive Technologies & Business Models
University of Amsterdam
Business Developer and Project Manager
European Space Agency
02:30PM - Day 1
Panel: Smart Grids and Distributed Energy Resources
- Discussing the benefits of IoT applied energy technology on managing energy usage, cost efficiency, increase resiliency and environmental sustainability
- What are the benefits of implementing smart grids for distributed energy resources such as those generating, storing and using energy? What role does supply and demand play within smart and micro-grids and how are these demands managed?
- Using smart grids to track and automate distribution of energy across these resources and increase operational efficiency
- How can smart grids help improve the safety of power distribution – Predictive maintenance and beyond
IT CTO & VP TaCIT Architecture
03:40PM - Day 1
The importance of IoT within Shell’s Digital agenda
IoT is an important component of the Digital agenda in Shell, but at all times it is important to look at the end to end Digital workflow to ensure that we get maximum value out of the IoT investments.
Professor in Sustainable Technology
University of Reading
04:10PM - Day 1
Indoor location and occupancy sensing for energy efficiency, productivity and user wellbeing
Professor Shao from the University of Reading will explain a few technologies for building indoor location and occupancy sensing including PIR, Image analysis and Wi-fi indoor positioning. He will highlight their values and discuss potential challenges through real case studies of their application for energy efficiency, indoor air quality and user wellbeing.