Day 1 - 23 November 2021
Smart Industries – Chairperson’s Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Transformation
10:00AM - Day 1
To follow soon …
Keynote: IoT Vendor Responsibility for providing Secure Solutions
- IoT vendors are required and expected to provide solutions that are not vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Failing to do so can result in physical, financial, reputation damage.
- Providing secure solutions is easier said than done as often there is lack of in-house security expertise and software stacks are not in full control of the vendors.
- In this session Oded Gonda, VP of Technology & Innovation at Check Point, will describe the risks, challenges and possible solutions for providing secure solutions in a cost-effective way.
Martin te Lintelo
Digital Twins Consultant
Novius, a company of Royal HaskoningDHV
09:10AM - Day 1
11:00AM - Day 1
University of Twente
09:10AM - Day 1
11:00AM - Day 1
Panel: Data on the Move – Intelligent Decision Making for Process Optimisation
- Mass data analysis – how to make the most of your insights and contextualise the data before it goes stale.
- Making data interoperable to utilise insights across silos.
- A global shift to remote management and more predictive and pro-active solutions – how IoT is the answer.
- Comparing multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud, open platform approaches – understanding the best approach and analysing a ‘future focus’.
Real-Time IoT Supply Chain Monitoring with Event-Driven APIs
IoT can help companies modernize their supply chains by streaming events between connected devices and back-office applications in real-time. We help some of the world’s leading automakers, manufacturers, and transportation and logistics companies do so with event-driven architecture. Swen-Helge Huber, Director and Principal Architect IoT at Solace, will explain how AsyncAPI makes it easier to build event-driven IoT systems in context of a supply chain case study so architects and developers can see how EDA can be as simple as using synchronous REST APIs.
Vice President Business Development, Network Business Division
12:20PM - Day 1
12:50PM - Day 2
12:10PM - Day 1
01:20PM - Day 2
IoT enabled Digital Transformation
In the next 4 years, more than 50% of enterprise applications will be IoT -enabled.
To make this digital transformation possible, enterprise networks can help solving two industry problems :
- First and foremost, connected objects are insecure by design, since they can’t run any security software, and therefore open doors on networks.
- Secondly, each IoT vendors has its own management platform. Enterprise IT cannot afford to manage such multiplicity of platforms.
Only simple, automated and secure network solutions can manage the scale of the problems as well as deliver analytics and features like the tracking of assets, quality of experience or home automation.
Sustainable Living through Data Science
Eneco is a leading energy utility company based in the Netherlands. It’s mission is to deliver sustainable energy for everyone by accelerating the energy transition. In order to do so Eneco goes above and beyond being a commodity supplier by offering energy services technology.
Sustainable living and reducing individual carbon footprint are of foremost importance in the race against climate change. Research in the field indicates considerable reduction in household carbon footprint through energy efficient behaviour and sustainable living.
In this talk, we will showcase the data driven Energy Insights services (EIS) designed to help over one million end users be more energy efficient. The EIS at its core provides relevant and customised energy saving advice. This system is implemented using Databricks over Spark.
General Manager UK & EIRE
11:50AM - Day 1
01:20PM - Day 1
When Technologies Collide – Overcoming Challenges in the Industry 4.0 Era
- Understanding technology collision – a look at when old meets new.
- The pitfalls automation users are facing now and the role of technology convergence.
- Why we have security threats on our automation systems and tips to prevent them.
- A holistic look at the latest automation technology trends.
Rob van Hooff
Key Account Manager Benelux
01:40PM - Day 1
Accelerating your Smart City Solutions with the Help of IoT and AI Edge Devices
- The benefits of having edge devices in your IoT and AI smart city application.
- How AAEON enables start-up companies to scale their IoT developments from prototype to mass production.
- Application story sharing, an overview of successful smart city projects and their challenges.
Digital Twin Leader
01:30PM - Day 1
02:20PM - Day 1
Director of Certification and Testing Programs
Connectivity Standards Alliance
01:30PM - Day 1
02:20PM - Day 1
Panel: Unlimited Connectivity – IoT for Smart Infrastructures
- How are IoT and wireless solutions enabling greater connectivity for enterprise infrastructures?
- Ideas on where to start – what needs to be implemented early on in the process of digitalising infrastructures?
- How to secure these critical infrastructures.
- Understanding the data and glean insights through IoT and AI.
- IoT’s role in building sustainable infrastructures.
12:40PM - Day 1
03:00PM - Day 1
IoT that Works: Everytime, Everywhere
- Why cellular IoT is difficult.
- How to overcome permanent roaming challenges.
- The value of 1% additional connectivity and device uptime.
- Why a single, private, and reliable virtual network is key to deployment success.
- Customer success story: how Eseye helped Costa Express scale globally with near 100% uptime.
01:00PM - Day 1
03:20PM - Day 1
Data Democratisation across Industries
- Current state of IoT platforms: what existing platforms fail to address?
- The problem of costs for data transport, latency and security.
- How do you trust and secure data, which is coming from so many different unsecured system?
- Who owns the data from machines?
- How to connect existing business systems and solutions to your IoT data.
- Weeve Platform allows you to collect and store unstructured data in a way that’s accessible and manageable.
VP Architecture, Platforms & Data
03:30PM - Day 1
Data and the Democratisation of Digital in the Energy Industry
- Data first – how this approach has created a strong foundation for Shell’s digital transformation journey.
- A closer look at the journey so far, including challenges, solutions and lessons learned.
- Democratisation of digital – empowering frontline staff to utilise data and develop bespoke solutions to improve processes.
- The role of open data standards and platforms for digital innovation across industries.
- How open data standards and platforms will support the energy transition, including the effective decarbonisation of supply chains.
End of Day 1
Click to view the agenda for in-person: Day 2 Connected Infrastructures track
Topics include: IoT Connectivity | Disruptive Technologies | Digital Transformation | Digitisation | Cultural Change | Smart Cities