- Developing & leading commercial, technology, regulatory and investment projects
- 2017 – Professor at Keele University UK regarding their ground breaking Smart Energy Network Demonstrator (SEND) project £30m Smart Energy project,
- 2017 – Appointed as Industry Advisor” to the joint CENELEC / ETSI task force developing EU energy data network and Demand Side Management standards.
- 2014 “Industry Expert” at the United Nations Committee for Europe (UNECE) developing UN strategy on Sustainable Energy to realise the international agreements on Climate Change.
- During his career David has directly participated across the full breadth of the utility ICT value chain from software and silicon systems design, hardware product development, to utility network operation and service delivery.
- David has held positions at utilities around the world (e.g. National Grid, EON, ENW, SSE, Iberdrola, Florida Power and Light etc), and major solutions vendors such as Cisco, Alcatel, Wipro SAIC and a number of international service / consultancy businesses.