Mr. Bird’s career in the IT industry since the early 1970s has focused on enterprise systems management and applications development and management, specializing in the building of partnerships in these arenas to benefit end-users. Mr. Bird’s prior work experience includes the following:
- Led North American Business Development efforts for AEP Networks and the global Business Development efforts for Cyber-Ark Software.
- Served as Director, Solutions and Technologies, Global Cisco Alliance at IBM. In that role Mr. Bird was responsible for driving the integration between the various IBM and Cisco Technology and Sales organizations to bring unique, differentiated value to both companies customers.
- In an earlier IBM role, served as Director, Alliance Development, IBM SWG. In that role his team’s overall mission included driving a set of Strategic Alliances (Nokia, Cisco, Intel, Avaya, Novell) and developing the strategy for the Software Group’s Alliances activities.
- Led Tivoli’s business development and alliances activities within the Network Communications Business. Previously, he was director of the Tivoli Partner Association, where he led the evolutions of Tivoli’s industry-leading partnering programs. Bird joined Tivoli in June 1997 to manage and assist the rapid growth being experienced by the Tivoli 10/Plus Association.
- Served as Director of marketing, product management and product line sales for Compuware; one of Tivoli’s long-term industry partners. One of his functions while at Compuware was to define and develop the relationship between the two companies.
- Worked for Legent in various channel definition and business development capacities.
Mr. Bird lives in the Boston area with his wife and son and travels extensively throughout the US, Europe and Asia on company business.