Day 1 - 6 September 2021
Applied IoT – Chairs Welcome & Opening Comments
This opening talk of the Applied IoT track will give a good overview of the market trends and it will give you an idea of what to expect from the day.
Head of Policy – UK Bus
09:50AM - Day 1
Autonomous Transport as a Public Service
First is leading a consortium of industry, academic and local authority partners to deliver innovative new public transport solutions in Oxfordshire.
Centred on the Milton Park technology park near Didcot, the MultiCAV project provides a new Mobility as a Service platform for comprehensive journey planning, drawing together existing walking, cycling, bus, rail and car travel data in real time.
However this project is different – as well as adding electric cycle hire to the mix, it is bringing both demand responsive and fixed route autonomous pubic transport services in 2020-21 – the first integration of these into a mainstream public transport system.
Head of Energy Trading Services
10:20AM - Day 1
The Future of Decentralised Energy
How will the future of decentralised of energy look and who will be leading this move?
Director of Products & Partnerships, Downstream Digital
10:50AM - Day 2
11:10AM - Day 1
Barriers to adoption – what are the biggest challenges?
There are numerous barriers for energy companies to integrate IoT technology into it’s systems, examples of this include use of highly granular data, data protection and security, connection standards and products sold. In an industry that’s trying to develop and implement new technology, tensions from established operators are paramount, as new business models turn in favour of innovative technology and are data heavy. What is the solution to this divide and can IoT platforms help operators adopt and implement the new technology into their legacy equipment?
Panel: Technology for the People – IoT in the Consumer Markets
- From connected cars to constrained micro-controllers; device management is a key part of the IoT Ecosystem. How do we ensure that these devices function correctly & securely when deployed?
- How to utilise the data gathered to understand your consumers
- The ways in which 5G is influencing the efficiency and usability of consumer IoT, from wearable tech and shopping, to smart home applications
- Is trusting the technology the biggest barrier in the slow progression into a connected environment?
- How will consumer IoT evolve in the next 5 years?
Vice President, IoT Strategy & Business Development
12:20PM - Day 1
Connecting People, Places & Things with 4G & IoT
Learn via use cases how recent innovations in IoT and wireless 4G connectivity have transformed applications and services in the enterprise and public sectors. Use cases will include vehicles, retail stores, kiosks, digital signage and even living plant walls.
How to Boost your Digitalization with support of the European Commission Context Broker and Big Data Test Infrastructure
The Connecting Europe Facility’s (CEF) mission is to support projects to use basic components, based on standards, and best practice that will ensure systems can communicate with each other. The CEF supports EU member states with free training, sample software, testing environments, support as well as grant funding.
Head of Innovation
02:00PM - Day 1
Insurance in the Digital Age
- Drivers for Change
- How Technology is enabling innovative products and services
- Examples of how IOT is/can be used in Insurance
- Challenges for Insurers and IOT
- Labs to Scale – practical guidance on how to build business cases for new propositions
Safety First! How IoT is Improving Safety for Transport
To follow soon . . .
Senior Energy Strategy Manager
Transport for London
02:30PM - Day 2
03:00PM - Day 1
The Future of the Smart Sustainable City
More info to follow soon ….
Panel: The Innovative and the Intelligent; What does the Future of Automotive look like?
- Connected cars have already developed so much since their inception, but how far do we still have to go?
- Thinking of the car as a device in its own right
- Connectivity considerations, and security roadblocks
- Adoption on a mass scale; what are the constraints and the time-line for deployment?
Francisco Carranza Sierra
04:30PM - Day 1
Delivering the Crucial Low-carbon Future
To follow soon . . .
Realizing the IoT for Automotive Development
The IoT stands to innovate every facet of the way we live our lives and is moving from functionable to proactive and problem solving. As autonomous vehicles come to market, utilising the power of the IoT is more apparent then ever. How are automotive manufacturers ensuring that the potential of the IoT is realized?