Day 1 - 30 November 2023
09:45AM - Day 1
10:00AM - Day 2
Accelerating the IoT: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairperson’s welcome and opening remarks.
Digital Strategy Leader
10:00AM - Day 1
Presentation: Digital Acceleration through the IoT
In the rapidly changing world of technology and business, staying ahead of the curve is not just an advantage but a necessity. This presentation promises to be an invaluable opportunity for those seeking to understand and leverage pioneering technology and concepts that are shaping our future. We will dive deep into these groundbreaking advancements, exploring not only their potential but also practical ways to integrate them into your strategies and organizations.
We are the stewards of a future that is not only technologically advanced but also socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. New technologies offer unprecedented opportunities to reshape our world. However, these tools must be wielded with care, foresight, and a deep understanding of their broader implications.
We delve into the pioneering technologies and groundbreaking concepts that are ushering us into a new era of business and organisational structure. We will think outside of the box, explore new possibilities, and connect with our inherent power and capability to architect and shape the future that we choose.
This is an opportunity to expand our vision of the possible and to venture beyond the familiar landscape of challenges and blocks, into a vibrant arena of opportunities where constraints transform into catalysts for innovation.
Keynote Presentation: IoT Data Handling
- Real-time decision-making through IoT sensors.
- Contextualising the data correctly – ensuring you are reading and actioning the correct response.
Presentation: Innovative Application Development
- Key focus when developing – security, privacy, compatibility and connectivity.
- Ready for market – where to look for investment and funding opportunities.
Transformation, Change and Inclusion Manager
11:40AM - Day 1
11:40AM - Day 1
11:40AM - Day 1
Technology Platform Director - Digital
Lloyds Banking Group
11:40AM - Day 1
Panel: Transformation and Talent: Building a Tech Workforce for the Future of IoT
- IoT jobs of the future – what are the IoT jobs of the future and how can tech leaders prepare their teams’ skills?
- Tech skills gap – strategies for addressing the talent gap across the tech workforce.
- Developing for the consumer – staying competitive and addressing market needs with diverse teams.
- Culture and collaborations – the impact of culture on talent attraction, retention and performance.
- Sustainability – engaging talent in ESG initiatives to create a more sustainable future for the industry.
Presentation: Working on the Edge for Optimum Response
- Edge processing for optimum IoT deployments – how this resolves latency and connectivity barriers.
- The advantages of running on quicker response rates through a de-centralised system.
- Examples of Edge technologies at work.
Presentation: Digitalizing Legacy Infrastructures
- Ideas on where to start – what needs to be implemented early on in the process of digitising infrastructures?
- The advantages of being able to create localised infrastructures.
- Edge technologies enabling interconnectivity for truly optimised infrastructures.
Presentation: The Cognitive City
- The future of the cognitive city with AI and IoT sensors.
- Utilising edge and 5G capabilities for immediate response connectivity.
- IoT’s role in building a sustainable infrastructure.
Networking Break and Lunch
Presentation: The State of Edge in 2023
- ‘The Roadmap to Edge’, what happened in 2022 and where are we now?
- The edge computing landscape is evolving fast. How can enterprises best prepare to ride the upcoming trends?
Presentation: The Economics of Edge – How to Ensure a Cost-Effective Transformation
- Edge enabled enterprise transformation has the potential to accelerate delivery value, reduce operational cost to ensure efficiency.
- How to evaluate edge performance to ensure it is a worthwhile investment for your organisation.
- The ongoing chicken and egg debate: Can we afford to wait for monetizable applications before making the investment needed to scale up edge infrastructure?
- Do the benefits of Edge outweigh the significant financial cost of accelerating its deployment?
- To what extent do cellular private networks offer the solution to scale up the edge in strategic and commercial locations?
- Will the footprint of Edge infrastructure naturally grow in line with the deployment of 5G networks?
Panel: The Evolution of Edge – Where Do We Go Next?
- Future roadmap toward widespread adoption of intelligent Edge.
- The possibilities created by fast and local critical decision-making.
- Predictions for the next round of innovations within the space – where will Edge be by 2025?
Presentation: Edge Compute in Robotics and Computer Vision
- Why is Edge Computing essential to computer vision operations?
- Computer Vision on Edge Vs. Cloud
- Edge Robotics – are we ready?