Day 1 - 17 March 2020
Developing for the IoT: Chairpersons Welcome and Opening Comments
This session will explore the considerations taken when and take a look at the latest technologies that are disrupting the IoT environment.
Realizing the IoT
The IoT stands to innovate every facet of the way we live our lives and is moving from functionable to proactive and problem solving. How are companies ensuring that the potential of the IoT is realized?
Panel: The Fundamentals of IoT Device Management
There is no doubt that device management is the foundation for any IoT solution. This talk will look at the ways in which IoT device management platforms offer lifecycle management capabilities which can help deploy, monitor, maintain, manage, and update IoT devices at-scale.
Application Design and Development
This talk will look at how solution providers are ensuring that their applications are fit for purpose. This includes, amongst other considerations, ensuring they are scalable, interoperable, and have an in-built layer of security.
Tools, SDKs and APIs for End-To-End Development
- How effective are the currently available tools designed to reduce the design-develop-deployment cycle?
- Do they provide the level of flexibility required to allow your products to change over their lifecycle?
- What are the challenges that arise with using sensors and how to overcome them?
- What role does open source software play here?
Information is Everything
- Deriving insight from the IoT.
- Uncovering new economic structures made available by access to intelligent data – How to become a data driven company.
- Can existing data silos be broken by the IoT?
IoT Testing at Scale
The sheer number of devices involved within the IoT make it especially vulnerable to hackers, and hence penetration testing has a growing role within the IoT security lifecycle. What do companies developing and utilising IoT technologies have to consider to protect their devices and data from This talk will discuss the challenges and opportunities in this field, with real life examples from enterprises.
Panel: Connectivity Considerations for IoT Solutions
- What is the best connectivity option for your product?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
Insight is the promise of the IoT
- Exploring trustworthy connectivity in the IoT in a world with heterogenous networks and potential restrictions of embedded devices
- Advances in wireless connectivity enabling the IoT within industry and the home
- Discovering the challenges that can potentially disrupt connectivity and how to solve those in the future – signalling, security, presence detection, power consumption, bandwidth
Interoperability for a Predictable Future
- How to drive collaboration within the currently stagnant interoperability market.
- Are multimode radio solutions & software flexibility the answer?
- What are ways to enable interoperability to scale from device-to-device and application-to-application all the way to system-to-system, infrastructure-to-infrastructure, sector-to-sector, region-to-region, and above for a truly global IoT?
eSIM Technology as an Enabler for IoT Connectivity
With the advent of the eSIM, the world of telco connectivity has changed. This talk will look at the eSIM market as a whole and the way that it will affect the pace and the manner in which IoT devices are developed and deployed.