Day 1 - 25 April 2019
Enterprise IoT Solutions: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
The Future of Enterprise IoT
What is going to be the biggest change in the way that the Enterprise uses IoT in 2019? This talk will look at the way that an effective IoT solution can solve the issues of the Enterprise and help it gain key insights and maximise its ROI.
Partnerships for Productivity
It is evident that the IoT has not nearly achieved its full potential and it seems that the key to its success is vendors creating strategic partnerships so that the users can interact with a many clearly defined partners to have the most effective experience with the technology.
What is the future for this notion, are we able to share and share alike and what are the limitations?
Panel: Deploying Scalable Edge Computing to IoT
- Given to its lower network latency, faster reaction times and lower cost of operation, is edge for every enterprise?
- How practical is it to develop infrastructure for cloud, fog and edge computing, and is it possible that one alone (edge?) can serve all purposes?
- What is the distance from the edge to your device and how to consider this during the creation of your IoT architecture?
Moving Intelligence to the Edge
The opportunity that Edge Computing provides is faster processing which means faster decisions. Gartner’s Rob van der Meulen said that currently, around 10% of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data center or cloud. How do you select the right Edge Computing Solution for your Enterprise?
Agile Access Methods for the IoT
Industry needs to adopt an agile approach if it wants to stay ahead of the competition, and how it uses IoT is no exception. Hear from an experienced Enterprise IoT solution about the methods they have used to move in front of the pack, from using start up approaches to A/B testing ideas and technologies. This talk will address the opportunities and challenges faced by this type of approach.
Making dumb objects smarter with RFID & sensor technology
The introduction of IoT enabled sensors and RFID equipment has revolutionised the daily lives of consumers and the functionality of Enterprises. This talk will look at the, uses, benefits, and potential challenges of integrating this kind of technology.
Machine Learning as the Key for Actionable IoT Data
Thanks to the dawn of sensor technology, enterprises have a copious amount of data ready to be sorted and cleansed. Machine Learning can help Enterprises utilise the data that they are collecting in order to create actionable insights. What is the future for this technology and is it realistically scalable for the larger Enterprise?
Panel: Enterprise IoT, Benefits and Challenges
- Given all the benefits that Enterprise IoT brings, what is the biggest barrier to adoption for companies and how can this be overcome?
- With Enterprises becoming more and more connected by the second, how can we ensure that there is the right foundation and strategy in place to assuage any Enterprise IoT security misgivings.
- Storage decisions, with the amount of data derived from enterprise IoT solutions, what is the best approach to store this data?
5G and the IoT
5G has been heralded as one of the most significant technologies to enable the full potential of the IoT. This talk will look at how the global adoption of 5G will truly affect the IoT, from delivering the real-time control necessary for critical IoT applications, to how it will modify the way that manufacturers design and build IoT solutions.
Historical Data for Key Insights
Data is the new oil’ is a phrase that every IoT enthusiast will know, but when data loses its value, is it worth anything to an enterprise?