Day 1 - 25 April 2019
Enterprise IoT Solutions: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Director of Strategy
10:20AM - Day 1
The Future of Enterprise IoT
Talk details to follow so0n . . .
Deploying Scalable Edge Computing to IoT
- Given to its lower network latency, faster reaction times and lower cost of operation, is edge for every enterprise?
- How practical is it to develop infrastructure for cloud, fog and edge computing, and is it possible that one alone (edge?) can serve all purposes?
- What is the distance from the edge to your device and how to consider this during the creation of your IoT architecture?
Chief Information Officer
12:00PM - Day 1
Emerging impacts of Edge through the lens of the Met Office
In order to predict the weather, the Met Office first have to first understand the current state of the atmosphere. To do that, it collects billions of measurements every day from a plethora of space, atoms-here, marine and land-based platforms. Met Office data is big, very big and as the Met Office turns increasingly to cloud based technology, Charles Ewen (CIO) will talk about the increasing importance of ‘the edge’ in terms of managing data flows.
Honeywell Connected Plant
12:30PM - Day 1
People at the core of the Internet of Things
The Industry 4.0 is going full speed, and digital transformation is on every business’s strategic plan. Exciting times, but what’s the key to a successful transition? There is so much focus on XR Technology, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence that most businesses will miss one of the key elements: to succeed with the Internet of Things, you must invest in your People, but how and where do you start?
Global Vice President, Intelligent Enterprise Solutions
02:30PM - Day 1
Keynote: IoT & The Intelligent Enterprise; What Matters?
It’s not IoT technologies and platforms that drives a competitive advantage, it’s the integration to business strategy and outcomes that differentiates and creates value for the enterprise. What are the best practices to achieve it?
5G and the IoT
5G has been heralded as one of the most significant technologies to enable the full potential of the IoT. This talk will look at how the global adoption of 5G will truly affect the IoT, from delivering the real-time control necessary for critical IoT applications, to how it will modify the way that manufacturers design and build IoT solutions.
03:30PM - Day 1
10:20AM - Day 1
Security frameworks and standards for the Digital Enterprise
This talk will explore the need for security frameworks and standards to protect digital enterprise devices and services and their associated data.
Panel: Enterprise IoT, Benefits and Challenges
- Given all the benefits that Enterprise IoT brings, what is the biggest barrier to adoption for companies and how can this be overcome?
- With Enterprises becoming more and more connected by the second, how can we ensure that there is the right foundation and strategy in place to assuage any Enterprise IoT security misgivings.
- Storage decisions, with the amount of data derived from enterprise IoT solutions, what is the best approach to store this data?