Day 2 - 18 March 2020
IoT Connectivity & Infrastructure – Chairs Welcome & Opening Comments
This opening talk of the IoT Connectivity & Infrastructure track will give a good overview of the market trends and it will give you an idea of what to expect from the day.
IoT connectivity: which standards can be used?
- What does the concept of standards really mean in the context of IoT?
- How can the varied standards relevant to the area effectively be integrated for IoT solutions?
- Can a verticalized approach to standards work?
- What is the current EU regulation in this area?
Driving commercial opportunities at F1 races with WiFi analytics and technology
- Understanding the physical interaction and behaviours of attendees at a Grand Prix
- Measuring the impact of F1 fan activations and merchandise at a Grand Prix
- Using sensors to improve fan experience at F1 races
Panel: Buildings, factories & stadiums, what’s new for smart areas?
- The latest trends and technologies making connected building advancements an enterprise’s greatest and largest asset
- Ideas on where to start – What needs to be implemented early on and what system works best for your building?
- What partnerships are key to building inter-connectivity between devices? Does it all need to be the same or is variety in technology, hardware and software the way forward? Are Cloud and Mesh Systems the vital components?
- How to understand the data and glean insights
Head of Smart Cities
Leicester City Council
12:10PM - Day 2
Smart City Strategy: What are the parameters? Developing a people’s smart city
To follow soon . . .
Head of Innovation
12:40PM - Day 2
Insurance in the Digital Age
to follow soon . . .
Smart sensors for rapid action
- Using sensors to learn consumer usage patterns
- Optimising the benefits of embedded sensor technology
- The different applications of GPS based sensors and Beacons
No Device is and island: Partnerships for productivity
This talk will look at how partnerships are integral to the success of new and existing IoT solutions providers.
How to choose the right platform for your needs?
Platform selection is a huge decision for any enterprise, what are the key considerations?
Cellular Connectivity Evangelist
03:50PM - Day 2
Panel: Connectivity considerations of the IoT
- What is the best connectivity option for your product?
- How will the inception of 5G affect the IoT ecosystem?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
eSIM Technology as an Enabler for IoT Connectivity
With the advent of the eSIM, the world of telco connectivity has changed. This talk will look at the eSIM market as a whole and the way that it will affect the pace and the manner in which IoT devices are developed and deployed.