Day 1 - 6 September 2021
IoT Innovations: Day 1 Chairperson’s welcome
Opening talk; overview of sessions and highlights for both the morning of AI & Big Data and afternoon of IoT sessions.
Panel: Optimising Communities with Integrated Connectivity
- How the current network infrastructure is supporting the increased demand in connectivity.
- Discussions around range vs bandwidth vs power consumption of these networks – can IoT technology provide the answer, from LP-WAN, LTE-M and beyond.
- Can intelligent-switching options be the solution for multiple location IoT deployments working in real-time? Is this where eSIM’s help create a holistic connection?
- Massive IoT – how 5G is changing the possibilities.
Which IoT Connectivity is right?
- A look at the different network solutions that can be integrated to give optimum connectivity and device efficiency.
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network.
- What partnerships are key to building inter-connectivity between devices?
Mass Connectivity through Cellular Networks – a Look Across Industries
- What are the wireless technology trends enabling connected environments?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using WLAN or cellular technologies for industrial production, including Private LTE & 5G solutions.
- Where is your money best spent? Wired Vs wireless interface cost implication.
Talking to the Machine with M2M Connectivity
- ‘Plug and play’ approach to machine connectivity – knowing what sensors you need and where to use them.
- Utilising the data gathered to understand operational insights like never before.
- Is hosting via the cloud the quickest way to respond?
- Examples of M2M connectivity across industries.
The Solutions of the eSIM
- What eSIM offers that other solutions don’t – the interoperability capabilities.
- Mass device connectivity through cellular networks.
- Is a change in the telecom business models still needed for wider adoption of the technology?
IoT Running on 5G
- How Critical IoT and Massive IoT reach higher capabilities running on 5G.
- Understanding the role of capacity for the sheer number of connected devices deployed.
- Running on ultra-low latency for instant data insights and AI responses.
Connectivity the Wireless Dots – Mapping the Way for Future IoT Connectivity
- Discussing the structure and standards for IoT network connectivity needed across industries.
- How do we map the way for IoT connectivity and other network solutions?
- Is building partnerships with network providers the key to success?
- Barriers affecting this evolution.
End of Day 1
Day 2 - 7 September 2021
IoT Innovations: Day 2 Chairperson’s welcome
Opening talk; overview of sessions and highlights for both the morning of IoT and afternoon of AI & Big Data sessions.
Chief Digital Officer
10:30AM - Day 2
Insurance in the Digital Age
To follow soon ….
Security first, Technology second
- Looking at cyber security as the most important part of devices and sensors, not an afterthought.
- Vulnerabilities – how to spot them and how to combat them.
- Industry collaborations for improved security solutions.
Women in TechEx Panel: Innovating with IoT – Where are the gaps?
- What are the latest innovations and solutions across the IoT landscape?
- Knowing the gaps across industries – where can you make a difference by innovating?
- Looking at the shift in the ways we innovate and what this is for – no longer just about ROI, but the ethical considerations.
- Moving from the idea of PoC’s ‘proof of concept’ to MVP ‘minimum value products’.
- A look at the opportunities disruptive technologies provide to create a more sustainable future – the shift to Society 5.0.