Day 2 - 26 April 2019
IoT Innovations & Solutions: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for start ups and companies wanting to adopt the IoT
IoT Innovation: Edge Computing
The expanding implementation of Edge computing can be seen across the IoT eco-system – According to Medium, experts predict that in the next 2 years, 5.6 billion IoT devices owned by enterprises and governments will utilise edge computing for data collection and processing.
- Is the flexibility of generating, collecting and analysing data at the edge of networks the key to competitive advantage?
- What does this easily accessible data mean for businesses?
- The future of edge computing and what this means for the cloud
IoT Innovation: Cloud Infrastructure
- Migration to the cloud – Using the cloud for information operations
- Economic benefits of a pay-per-use model
- Scalability in delivery
Panel: Predictions, IoT 2020 and Beyond
- In the last year, what have been the hottest Innovations within the IoT Market?
- What’s the next industry to be transformed by the IoT?
- The IoT has come a long way in the last 10 years, what are the predictions for the next 10 years?
Head of Consulting
12:00PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Device Management
Key considerations when choosing the right device management platform for your IoT project
Principal Consultant – Connected Devices
12:20PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Security Management in an IoT Driven World
1) How the IoT is blurring market verticals and why we need to improve on IoT security practices.
2) Changes required to security polices, processes and procedures to address the IoT.
) Using exiting Security standards to manage the security of IoT systems.
IoT Innovation: Streamsheets, Build IoT-based Apps & Microservices like professional programmers just by using your Spreadsheet skills
- Learn how to build full grown IoT Applications and Microservices with Cedalo’s innovative Streamsheet technology.
- Discover how to connect Streamsheets with sensors and actuators over MQTT, REST or Apache Kafka.
- Build real-time analytical applications for Smart Factory, Smart Building or Smart City using just your spreadsheet skills.
- How to deploy Streamsheet applications and microservices as reliable 24/7 server processes in the private or public cloud.
IoT Innovation: IoT Data Storage
Given the copious amounts of data created by IoT devices, what different storage options are available and which suits different types of data. Key considerations include, latent data, IoT platforms and historical data.
IoT Innovation: Compatibility
- How compatible is your IoT platform?
- Pros V Cons of having a segmented industry focused platform
- Ensuring interoperability to compete with future advancements
IoT Innovation: Deriving Value from the IoT
IoT platforms provide insights into everything it’s connected with – This session will look at gaining value from your IoT application, including competitive advantage and economic benefits.
IoT Innovation: Security for IoT Devices
This talk will focus on the importance of security within IoT devices:
- Which platform suits your needs?
- Solutions for weak spots within your security platform
- Multi-layered security vs a simplistic approach, which option best protects from cyber-attacks?
IoT Innovation: RFID & Sensors
Sensors are at the core of IoT – The growing demand for smart electronics and wearable devices (MEMS, Micro-electromechanical system) has allowed for sensors to deliver in numerous sectors. RFID has provided a solution for wide spread connectivity in supply chains and warehouse storage. This session will look at how the deployment of RFID and smart sensors within IoT has impacted:
- Consumer products
- Medical and Healthcare Sector
- Home automation and hospitality