Day 3 - 15th September 2021
IoT Innovations: Organisers Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights
Chief Digital Officer
09:40AM - Day 2
VIRTUAL: Insurance in the Digital Age
To follow soon ….
. Sean Ringsted, Chief Digital Officer, Chubb
VIRTUAL: Security first, Technology second
- Looking at cyber security as the most important part of devices and sensors, not an afterthought.
- Vulnerabilities – how to spot them and how to combat them.
- Industry collaborations for improved security solutions.
Group Innovation Director
10:30AM - Day 2
LIVE Women in TechEx Panel: Innovating for the Future – Where are the gaps?
- What are the latest innovations and solutions across the disruptive technologies landscape?
- Knowing the gaps across industries – where can you make a difference by innovating?
- Looking at the shift in the ways we innovate and what this is for – no longer just about ROI, but the ethical considerations.
- Moving from the idea of PoC’s ‘proof of concept’ to MVP ‘minimum value products’.
- A look at the opportunities disruptive technologies provide to create a more sustainable future – the shift to Society 5.0.
Moderator: . Miranda Sharp, National Digital Twin programme, Centre for Digital Built Britain
. Lizi Jenkins, Group Innovation Director, Rentokil Initial
VIRTUAL: Which IoT Connectivity is right?
- A look at the different network solutions that can be integrated to give optimum connectivity and device efficiency.
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network.
- What partnerships are key to building inter-connectivity between devices?
VIRTUAL: Mass Connectivity through Cellular Networks – a Look Across Industries
- What are the wireless technology trends enabling connected environments?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using WLAN or cellular technologies for industrial production, including Private LTE & 5G solutions.
- Where is your money best spent? Wired Vs wireless interface cost implication.
VIRTUAL: Talking to the Machine with M2M Connectivity
- ‘Plug and play’ approach to machine connectivity – knowing what sensors you need and where to use them.
- Utilising the data gathered to understand operational insights like never before.
- Is hosting via the cloud the quickest way to respond?
- Examples of M2M connectivity across industries.
VIRTUAL: The Solutions of the eSIM
- What eSIM offers that other solutions don’t – the interoperability capabilities.
- Mass device connectivity through cellular networks.
- Is a change in the telecom business models still needed for wider adoption of the technology?
Senior Representative, Air France
12:30PM - Day 2
LIVE Panel: Integrating IoT Connectivity
- How interoperable are current network services?
- Standardisation – securing the full line of connectivity and where to start.
- Can intelligent-switching options be the solution for multiple location IoT deployments working in real-time? Is this where eSIM’s help create a holistic connection?
- Using AI, Edge and other disruptive technologies to optimise products and services.
- Looking at long-term strategies for deployments – knowing what connectivity you will need in the future and not just for the short-term.
. Senior Representative, Air France, ,
VIRTUAL: IoT Running on 5G
- How Critical IoT and Massive IoT reach higher capabilities running on 5G.
- Understanding the role of capacity for the sheer number of connected devices deployed.
- Running on ultra-low latency for instant data insights and AI responses.