Day 1 - 25 April 2019
Smart Buildings and Infrastructure: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
IoT-enabled Smart Buildings
This talk will look at the IoT in enabling buildings to work holistically in helping reduce inefficiencies, optimising the use of resources and creating a comfortable and productive environment. It will also look at the way in which smart buildings interact with the cloud to gain insights from the data gleaned to uncover actionable insights.
Keynote Panel: Smart Structures, Intelligent Buildings and Factories
- The benefits of Intelligent buildings, such as the reduction in service costs, energy consumption and increased efficiency
- The role of smart lighting, temperature control, security systems within connected the connected building – what will be the next big addition?
- Process Automation – moving beyond IoT to intelligent objects.
- Examining new factory concepts enabled by the ‘Industrial Internet’ – utilising smart buildings and smart machinery.
Smart Building Integration
Smart Buildings produce a number of hardware products to enhance the core values of the business. This talk will look at how various hardware platforms provide the field integration at all levels
Working smart: The Office of the future
Smart technology from Self-adjusting lighting and window shades to smart warehouse management is being implemented within offices across the world. This talk will look at how these systems can work together to create a smart office ecosystem in addition to platform selection for the management of this technology.?
Panel: Smart Infrastructure as the driver for truly connected living
- The world around us is becoming smarter, with a record number of connected devices being utilised every day, but how truly smart are these individual technologies if they are un-interoperable?
- Moving away from just maintenance to modernisation, how can we guarantee that this infrastructure will allow for improvement?
- What can we do to ensure that we are ethically collecting this data, and that once it is collected that it is secure from cyber-attacks?
Smart buildings and lighting
- What changes a building from simply being connected to being truly smart?
- Discussions around how to use smart buildings and lighting to improve energy efficiency.
- Lighting represents close to 30 percent of a commercial building’s electric load — roughly 10 percent of a building’s operating costs. Can smart lighting reduce costs?
- What role can traditional facilities management companies play in this ecosystem?
Solo: IT/OT convergence
- Integrating OT with IoT in the modern enterprise – challenges such as technology, culture and standards.
- How the integration of IT systems into operational technology can transform your industry, both on the factory floor and within the board room.
- Discussing how to get buy in from your organisation and combat cultural biases – within the C-suite but also across traditionally siloed departments like engineering and IT, and the high level of co-operation needed to achieve this.
Legislating the IoT
What kind of legislation is already in place to deal with the protection of consumers when it comes to the IoT – e.g. Internet of Things Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2017 amongst others
Panel: The Role of IoT within the Healthcare Sector
- What security infrastructure is robust enough to deal with this sensitive data? Where will it be stored & who can access it?
- Is the future of the sector digital? What role will humans play?
- How can we ensure that the tech of today is capable of modernisation?
Utilising disruptive tech to increase predictability within the health sector
- Is simplifying the monitoring process key for a more seamless service? What if the data is wrong?
- Using predictability as an advantage for both health and costs.
- What tech is coming next – Will it change the current landscape?