Day 2 - 2 December 2022
Transformational IoT & Edge Computing: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: Customer, Cloud and AI / ML
- What are our customers looking for and expecting?
- Where are financial services on their cloud journeys?
- What opportunities and challenges are there associated with AI / ML?
Director of Development, Programming & Engineering
10:45AM - Day 2
Keynote Presentation: Oniro & OpenHarmony – Open Source, Distributed Operating Systems That Empower Today’s Smart Devices
Introducing a next-generation operating systems that empowers interconnection and collaboration between smart devices. Join us on a journey to deliver smooth simple interactions that are reliable and secure across a wide array of scenarios. Let us collaboratively make development of all scenario use cases enjoyable with the help of new distributed technologies.
Head of DevOps, Data and Analytics
11:15AM - Day 2
Presentation: Data at Scale
More and more data is being created every day. But did you ever wonder exactly how much data? And where does it all go? What about the effort it takes to have more and more of this data available on-demand, at your fingertips? Join the session to explore this exciting world of data together!
Women in TechEx Panel: Maximising Business Strategies through Disruptive Technologies
- How to evaluate new technologies for your business and understanding the risks.
- The importance of finding the business value before choosing the technology.
- Moving from the idea of PoC’s ‘proof of concept’ to MVP ‘minimum value products’.
- Cultural shifts and collaborations – the importance of building awareness and capabilities within the team.
Global Product Manager: Site Intelligence & Automation
12:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: A Convergent Approach to IoT, AI, ML and 5G
To follow soon …
Director of Engineering
01:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: A Prebuilt IoT Platform as a Quick Start to Your Business
- How can prebuilt cloud-based IoT solutions help businesses of any size develop their IoT systems faster?
- How is the Prebuilt IoT Platform integrated with the client’s existing businesses?
- How do hardware prototypes and system components (such as OTA management, device networking, metrics, and remote configurations) help you quickly build out-of-the-box IoT solutions?
- How does the solution allow you to analyze and process data delivered from different sources?
Lunch & Networking Break
Principal Data Engineering Manager
02:00PM - Day 2
Panel: Integrating AI and Edge Solutions to Build Competitive Advantage
- Why AI and machine learning are increasingly being implemented at the edge.
- Growing popularity of swarm computing at the edge.
- Creating personalised experiences with edge-powered artificial intelligence.
- Discussion of specific (real world) use cases for edge AI and swarm computing.
Senior Pre Sales Engineer
02:40PM - Day 2
Presentation: Replacing Windows at the EDGE
- Employees are more remote than ever – their devices are at the edge.
- Cloud computing changes the requirements at the EDGE.
- IGEL Next Gen Edge OS provides simple, secure access to cloud computing.
- Learn how businesses and IT can save CAPEX, OPEX and address security concerns by accessing cloud workspaces from IGEL.
Presentation: Broadband Fixed Access Technologies for MEC
- Drivers for New Technologies in Broadband Fixed Access Enhancing MEC: Why we need new technologies and standards for Broadband Fixed Access Networks enabling high performance of MEC applications.
- Control and User Plane Separation (CUPS): BBF new technology for Control & User Plane Disaggregation in Broadband Fixed Access Networks enhancing MEC performance
- Subscriber Session Steering: BBF new standard enabling the Broadband Network to select the best User Plane matching MEC application characteristics.
- Quality of Attenuation: BBF new method in measuring E2E Quality of Service (QoS) in Broadband Networks
- Vodafone MEC Use Cases: Vodafone latest MEC strategic use cases