Day 2 - 14 November 2019
Application of IoT – Consumer: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Hear from an industry leading analyst on the application of IoT for consumers in a connected world, with reference to the latest trends, insights and solutions for buildings, energy, smart cities and connectivity across industries.
Smart traffic management solutions using real-time information
Traffic Management is one of the main infrastructure challenges being faced by developing countries today. This talk will look at the ways in which IoT is improving these systems, considering pollution reduction, time efficiency and congestion relief to mention a few.
Deputy Director of Engineering and Operations
Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT)
10:20AM - Day 2
Panel: V2V Communication and Intelligent Transport Systems
- What are the newest innovations in this market?
- The benefits for this kind of IoT integration speak for themselves; reduced traffic, safer roads, streamlined traffic management etc., but is the connectivity there to enable it and is the cost worth the reward?
- Are the current security systems for this technology robust enough to cope with the kind of responsibility that they would be undertaking & how will v2v technology providers be able to gain consumer trust in this technology?
The next generation of connected cars
- Exploring the connected vehicle ecosystem in 2017 from self- driving cars to ADAS
- Aims for a seamless customer experience and the obstacles to be overcome to provide this
- Visions of the more connected and autonomous future for vehicles and mobility
- Thinking of the car as more than a connected device but a platform for apps and services
- The role of partnerships within the connected car ecosystem, from start-ups to enterprises
Disruption Junction, Re-defining our Function
Urban mobility, consumer expectations and technological capabilities are evolving at an extraordinary rate. With that evolution, traditional transportation is being disrupted and Las Vegas is transforming how we traditionally move people, goods and services.
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is integrating smart technology that accommodates the needs of all users to create a safer, more reliable and efficient transportation system.
We are embracing flexibility, leveraging technology and forging partnerships to develop mobility options focused on:
- Connecting people to opportunities and services
- Reducing congestion, improving mobility and enhancing safety.
- Creating solutions from data driven insights
Director Technology Strategy
Optum, a United Health Group company
12:20PM - Day 2
Chief Health Information Officer
12:20PM - Day 2
12:20PM - Day 2
Panel: Reshaping Healthcare with the IoT
As the application of IoT in the healthcare sector is expanding, it is key that businesses understand the current market and where to progress to stay relevant in an evolving eco-system. This panel session will look closer at:
- What connectivity provider to use for your healthcare device?
- Data management and security of sensitive insights
- How smart devices aim to provide a more efficient healthcare system
- What does the future of healthcare look like for consumers?
Global Innovation & New Ventures Leader
01:00PM - Day 2
Case Study: P&G
to follow soon . . .
How is the IoT being used within the Retail Sector?
- How does the era of IoT change the relationship between retail stores and their shoppers e.g through Smart mirrors, dressing rooms, supply chain management and individualised marketing?
- Which tech is worth investing in, within this space?
- Real life examples of how IoT is being used look across in-store experience, real-time marketing, enhanced loyalty programs, and mobile e-commerce
Farm Bureau Insurance
02:40PM - Day 2
IoT enabled loss-prevention integrated with Insurance software platform
Farm Bureau Insurance of Idaho has partnered with Samsung to prevent water losses in client homes. Farm Bureau integrated Samsung’s Smart Things into the world leading insurance management platform (Guidewire Insurance Suite). The integration allows farm bureau to verify the operational status of the devices and automatically provide policy discounts to customers. It also creates customer touch points for when device status or health changes.
CTO & IT Director
City of San Leandro, California
03:10PM - Day 2
Connectivity to Power the Smart City of the Future
From the wide-ranging array of connectivity solutions, which is going to be the one which is going to be integral to the future of smart cities? This talk will look at the Pro’s and Con’s of each within the city perspective
Seat Pleasant, City of Maryland
03:30PM - Day 2
‘Smaller’ Smart Cities as key players in a Connected World
This talk will be given by Mayor Eugene Grant of Seat Pleasant, MD.