Day 1 - 5 October 2022
Sumati Sharan Stewart
IoT Industry Expert
09:30AM - Day 1
Applied IoT & Analytics: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Director AI and Digital Product Development
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
09:45AM - Day 1
Presentation: Towards IoT 2.0
- Moving from IoT as a sales enabler to IoT as a product.
- The last trends in customer demands and development strategies.
- IoT as a foundation to AI in manufacturing.
Vice President of IoT
12:00PM - Day 2
10:15AM - Day 1
Keynote Presentation: Asset Tracking and Data Management Without Limits
How can you transform your IoT data strategy to deliver more efficiencies — from edge-to-endpoint — with Smart Data?
We’ll review customer challenges in data management and what you need to consider for employing an end-to-end data strategy that utilizes smart data:
- Edge computing sets a new efficiency standard for delivering relevant operational data — providing more reliability, better latency, lower bandwidth, increased data security, and reduced operation costs.
- Smart data generated at the edge equates to cost savings with greater efficiencies – transmitting only the data you need that’s more secure, accessible, informative, and actionable.
- IIoT and Application Enablement Platforms smart data equates to less data volume to improve reporting with a manageable flow that provides faster reporting and reduced operational costs.
Panel: Digital Twins – Leveraging New Models
- Understanding where to utilise digital twin technologies – when to implement and the steps for a successful result.
- Simulation and digital twins – where does the accountability lie?
- Considering the next steps for optimisation – input as well as output data, progressing from digital twins to digital prototypes?
- How to grow the implementation of digital twins across industries.
Senior Principal Engineer
Bear Flag Robotics Group at John Deere
11:40AM - Day 1
Presentation: Autonomy – The New Age of Agriculture
Farmers are constantly challenged to provide a growing global population with the resources needed to feed, clothe and fuel the world sustainably, all while facing a major labor shortage. Agriculture and technology have been intertwined for hundreds of years – from the introduction of the steel plow all the way to self-driving tractors. Up next? Autonomy. This session will explore:
- How an industry as old as agriculture has adopted the IoT and integrated a powerful combination of connected technology, from GPS to sensors and AI, to enable farm equipment to work more efficiently, precisely and now autonomously, than ever before.
- The technologies driving autonomy, including stereo cameras, sensors, and ultra-fast GPU processors to detect and interpret 360-degree changes and learn more information to grow smarter with each pass over the field.
- The ways that autonomy enables farmers to face their challenges head on so they can execute their plans, increase productivity and take advantage of the flexibility of remote management solutions to confidently run their operation from anywhere.
Senior IoT Enablement Specialist
Amazon Web Services
12:10PM - Day 1
Presentation: Innovate, Automate and Scale Industrial Workloads on AWS
- An overview of how the current IIoT market looks utilizing capabilities of cloud computing, analytics, and people together to improve the performance and productivity of industrial processes.
- How AWS IoT can be used to build applications that address the top challenges facing industrial customers to uncover new business value through.
- Examples of improve performance and productivity of industrial processes through AWS IoT.
Presentation: Give your Pet a Voice with Petivity
Pets are a part of our families. They bring us happiness and fulfillment, but they are also very good at hiding their illnesses. Petivity, Nestle Purina’s new IOT brand, helps pet parents understand their pets’ health and behavior through proactive insights and personalized recommendations. By combining decades of health and nutrition research with the latest IOT and AI technologies, Petivity gives your pets a voice.
Chief Data Scientist
02:00PM - Day 1
02:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: Wearable IoT Devices and AI in Pharma – Digitalizing drug trial outcomes and disease severity reporting
During Drug Trials, the efficacy of a drug is currently measured through endpoints of disease severity. Such endpoints are calculated using patient or physician-reported scores of severities. These scores have inherent subjectivity and face noise due to inter-observer variation. Medical sensors capture extensive raw data that can be refined through AI. Such AI can predict the disease severity scores using just sensor data. This System has been helping our Pharma clients in:
- 24/7 Patient Condition tracking – Some diseases require condition tracking all the time and manual recording is impossible. Wearable sensors present a temporal picture and rich data for causality analysis.
- Quantitative approach to Endpoints– Subjectivity in self-reporting of conditions is minimized. It also helps avoids physician-to-physician variance.
- Improved visibility to adherence – Patients and clinical staff are prone to omissions in the regimen. Wearable sensors make it easy to prune the clinical data that need to discard due to non-adherence to the protocols.
Founder, CEO and Core Developer
02:20PM - Day 1
Presentation: TDengine – Open Source, Cloud Native, Simplified Solution for IoT Data
Head of Marketing and E-commerce
02:40PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Role of Personalized Digital Solutions for Effective Diabetes Management
Managing diabetes today is complex for patients and their healthcare providers. Leveraging technology, partners and proven solutions can offer critical support and provide access to personalized experiences that can help solve the challenges associated with this multifaced health condition. The session will explore:
- Insights on how connectivity can improve care for patients with diabetes
- Highlight the importance of linking health care to wellness
- How partnerships can help medical teams and patients support their wellness goals
Senior Technology Evangelist
03:30PM - Day 1
Presentation: Unlocking Golden Opportunities with Product Digitization
- Product manufacturers are looking at excellent opportunities across their value chain that can be captured with AIoT & digital.
- #AIoTOpportunity #LikeaBosch highlights some of the top use cases that matter from our experience & implementation.
- Practitioner’s perspective on how Bosch provides end-to-end capabilities targeted to product manufacturers.
Chief Technology Officer, North America
03:50PM - Day 1
Presentation: Low-Code IoT Automation to enable Healthy, Safe and Sustainable buildings
The building industry is going through a major transformation. Post Covid-19 the buildings are becoming occupant centric as opposed to fixed schedule centric. With the proliferation of IoT sensors the buildings will be able to listen, learn and communicate with different devices, their human occupants and building automation systems. The data overload from these sensors and other systems need automation that can not only allow new usecases to be built and deployed quickly but also scale across different buildings while reducing operational costs and providing a healthy, safe and sustainable environment.
- Current challenges with existing buildings and building management systems
- Empowering citizen developers (domain experts, IT admins, operations managers) to deploy new usecases at scale
- Examples of automation building functions (indoor air quality) for healthy buildings
Senior Representation, Influx Data
04:00PM - Day 1
Presentation: Data to Unlock IoT
Time is a critical factor in any IoT application, and IoT innovation is about telling the story of data over time. InfluxDB is a time series database that helps developers tell this story. In this talk, Vinay will discuss how the InfluxDB platform fits seamlessly within the Modern IoT architecture, which spans from the edge to the Cloud, and interfaces with various adjacent technologies and tools that improve “Time to Awesome” for developers.
IoT Enablement Specialist
Amazon Web Services
04:20PM - Day 1
VP, BD and Partnerships
04:20PM - Day 1
Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy
Managing Director-India Centre & Technology Fellow and Chief Data Scientist
04:20PM - Day 1
05:00PM - Day 1
04:20PM - Day 1
Panel: IoT and Data Connectivity – Optimising through Insights
- A holistic approach – how to move data from A-B, keeping in mind SSP (security, safety, privacy).
- Working to collect ‘intelligent’ data and contextualising insights.
- How to find the balance between standardisation and flexibility for quick response and optimisation.
- AI, dashboards and digital twins – how employees are key in the decision-making process to optimise technology led systems.
Presentation: Smart Retail – How AI and IoT are revolutionizing Retail Industry
To follow soon …
End of Day
View day 2 content here: IoT Connected Enterprise
IoT Connectivity | Smart Cities | Edge | Smart Infrastructures | Industry Use-cases