Day 1 - 4 November 2020
Applied Strategies for the IoT: Opening Presentation
Chair’s Opening Remarks Day 1
Senior Representative, Whole Foods Market, Inc
12:15PM - Day 2
09:45AM - Day 1
Presentation: Barriers to Adoption – What are the Biggest Challenges across the IoT Space?
- What are the current challenges across the IoT space including, granular data, data protection, security and legacy equipment?
- What technologies are enabling operators to adapt and overcome these challenges?
- How industries are adapting to new business models and thriving from IoT enabled processes.
. Senior Representative, Whole Foods Market, Inc, ,
Presentation: IoT & The Intelligent Enterprise – What Matters?
- What are the best practices to achieve an intelligent enterprise?
- How can IoT help enable transformation?
- Examples of these solutions in practice
Head of Global Commercial Digital Innovation & Head Botanist @ Digital Garden
10:45AM - Day 1
Panel: It’s Time to Change; How IoT is driving Digital Transformation?
- How digital transformation will change how enterprises operate and deliver value to customers.
- What role can integrating IoT play in improving service delivery, health and safety and efficiency?
- What else can IoT vendors do to aid digital transformation within their customers businesses – discussing future technologies and directions.
- Examples of how enterprises have successfully employed IoT to digitally transform their businesses.
Moderator: . Sudhir Pai, Chairman, Board of Directors, Technology Collaboration Center
. Mo Fors, Head of Global Commercial Digital Innovation & Head Botanist @ Digital Garden, Almirall
Senior Director, Workplace Design and Connectivity
12:00PM - Day 1
11:45AM - Day 1
Presentation: We Work Better Together – How Collaborations are Key to Success
- Breaking down silos – barriers to entry.
- How to evaluate new technologies for your business.
- Understanding the risks.
- How to make strategic decisions that are right for your company, not just your technology strategy.
. Mark Wartenberg, Senior Director, Workplace Design and Connectivity, Nike
Presentation: Cloudification for Digital Transformation
- What is Cloudification?
- How a full shift to the cloud for business processes will enable digital transformation across industries.
- The security flaws inked with Cloud and Edge computing and how these can hind utilisation.
- Where to start with this process and the evolution of the ‘cloud broker’ title.
Panel: Monetizing the Enterprise – IoT for ROI
- Exploring which Digital Technologies can increase business optimisation, rather than unnecessary adoption.
- The power of Edge for optimised processes.
- Finding the balance – the importance of cultural progression and sustainability capabilities to enable the workforce.
- Looking beyond productivity and growth, how else can IoT be leveraged for better ROI?
Vice President, Services and Industry 4.0 Solutions
02:15PM - Day 1
Presentation: IIOT & Smart Manufacturing Delivering Triple Bottom-line
- Combining the power of IIOT and TPM.
- Creating solutions that improve performance, sustainability and team engagement.
- Digital Lab approach to drive innovation.
. Sasha Ilyukhin, Vice President, Services and Industry 4.0 Solutions, Tetra Pak
Presentation: Find Your Edge – Connecting People & Machines to Data
- The Edge is a data-rich environment – how do you integrate this technology into your current infrastructure?
- How to maximise the key data you gather.
- Looking further at how to extract business value from this data-rich environment.
Presentation: Listen to the Machine – Utilising M2M Data in Industry 4.0
- At the heart of Industry 4.0 is IoT and machine learning – what is the process for breaking down the mass data gathered to develop operations?
- How do you integrate M2M devices into your current infrastructure?
- Are we reaching a stage in industry 4.0 where we can operate purely from fully automated systems?
Presentation: It’s Not Me, it’s You – Data Compliance, Who Owns your Insights?
- As data typically comes from third party sensors, does this data belong to them or to your own device?
- Does data ownership need to be regulated as companies are able to monitor more and more our everyday interactions, emotions ad behaviours?
- The importance of identifying where your key data is before you aim to regulate it – an example of this in industry.
Presentation: Covering your Assets – Insurance in the Digital Age
- Drivers for Change – How technology is enabling innovative products and services.
- The role of data and IoT in the evolution of insurance, including use-cases of this in practice.
- Challenges for insurers and the IoT.
- Labs to scale – Practical guidance on how to build business cases for new propositions.
Global Commercial Head, Interconnected Diabetes Management
Ascensia Diabetes Care
11:30AM - Day 1
05:05PM - Day 1
Deputy CIO & Senior Technology Advisor to the Mayor
City of Los Angeles
09:45AM - Day 2
05:05PM - Day 1
Senior Representative, Southwest Airlines
05:05PM - Day 1
Panel: Intelligent Decision Making – IoT & AI Data Analytics for Predictive Maintenance & Process Optimisation
- Identifying target-rich, high-value data that can be used to generate actionable insights.
- Using cloud analytics platforms to derive value from IoT data.
- Discussing the barriers to widespread IoT/ AI /Big Data value delivery and how these might be overcome.
- Real time data analytics in practice – examples of how IoT / AI data is creating business efficiency and revolutionising working practices in the predictive maintenance space.
. Shalini Sharad, Global Commercial Head, Interconnected Diabetes Management, Ascensia Diabetes Care
. Jeanne Holm, Deputy CIO & Senior Technology Advisor to the Mayor, City of Los Angeles
. Senior Representative, Southwest Airlines, ,
Applied Strategies for the IoT: Closing Presentation
Chair’s Closing Remarks Day 1