Day 1 - 29 November 2017
Connected Industry: Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Realizing the Value of IIoT
- Making IIoT simple to drive business outcomes
- Moving from reactive to predictive industrial operations
- Closer look at realizing the value of Industry 4.0
Director of Digital Partnerships and Outreach
SVP & CTO – Product Engineering Services
Executive Vice President IoT & Digital Transformation
01:40PM - Day 1
Panel: Creating a competitive edge with the IIoT
- The IOT is now firmly embedded in many industrial enterprises – but how do you move ahead of the ever growing pack?
- How much investment is required to successfully implement IIoT? What should you consider when evaluating options for deployment in different industry verticals and segments?
- Seeing IoT as a business process NOT an I.T project.
- How can you decrease time to market, improve productivity and security and create new value-driven devices and services for your customers in today’s competitive, complex and increasingly fast paced world?
Industrial Internet of Things and the OT/IT Convergence
The most precious asset of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) efforts is the data and analytics that will be unleashed by the “things”. However, current analytics products are only the tip of the iceberg. . In this session, we will discuss:
- The evolution of IIoT and data criticality
- Next generation analytics and AI technologies to provide real time decision making
- Techniques for protecting that data
- Actionable case studies on customers who have already deployed simple, secure and reliable edge based solutions
- The impact of understanding how all the data must be considered mission critical
- Delivering this protection at the Edge with different approaches vs your traditional data center or a cloud
Executive Vice President, System Modeling and Data Analytics
Dr Al Salour
Technical Fellow- Boeing Research & Technology
The Boeing Company
02:40PM - Day 1
Panel: Manufacturing and Smart Factories of the future
- Discussing the operational transformation in manufacturing from a product focus to an outcome based one
- Examining new factory concepts enabled by the ‘Industrial Internet’ – utilising smart buildings and smart machinery.
- Results in terms of Capex, Opex and reductions on KPI’s such as energy consumption and increased efficiency
- How the IoT, when integrated within an industrial setting, can revolutionise the functionality of fabrication and assembly processes within smart factories
Energy-Utility & Oil & Gas, Co-Chair
Industrial Internet Consortium
12:10PM - Day 1
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Driving Oilfield Digital Transformation
This talk will address IIoT Digital Oilfield framework and the evolution of the O&G industry towards an Integrated Edge-Core, Real Time Digital Oilfield Platform Solution that meets today’s and future’s requirements of mission critical, data driven and intelligent O&G applications. New IIoT system architectures and technologies will be presented, aligned with O&G operation efficiency and production optimization applications.
Bringing IoT into Industrial Environments
Learn how to engineer cyber-physical IoT solutions through a successful use case of a global leader in inventory and asset management for industrial environments. By providing a secure IoT solution that can run safely behind the firewall or efficiently in the cloud, CribMaster (a Stanley Black & Decker division) allows large manufactures to manage their assets in real-time. Hear how they are securely empowering their end users and making assets actionable with Edge processing.
04:45PM - Day 1
02:50PM - Day 1
Panel: Connectivity for M2M devices
- Discussions around the diversity of IIoT applications and their requirements, introduces a paradigm shift for connectivity solution and new business models to enable new ways of working and new services.
- The seamless integration of standards into the IoT – moving from proprietary solutions to standards allows for interoperability along the entire supply chain.
- How businesses are using de-centralized, autonomous device networks enable fast and efficient deployment of large-scale industrial IoT
- The role of Ultra-low-power wireless technologies for the enterprise-focused internet of things
Getting More Value in Oil & Gas Sector Through Digital Shift Powered by IoT
The talk will cover the present state of technology and the collaboration needed in the O&G sector more specifically in the upstream side of the industry, covering topics such as:
- Enhanced cybersecurity
- Advanced edge devices
- Improved edge analytics
- Expanded IT footprint
Unfortunately, we have not been given permission to upload the audio or presentation for this session.
EVP Strategic Partnerships, Corporate & Business Development
11:40AM - Day 2
03:50PM - Day 1
Director, IoT Business Solutions
10:30AM - Day 1
03:50PM - Day 1
Director, Industry Marketing
03:50PM - Day 1
Panel: Predictive Maintenance for transforming field services and asset management
- Moving from reactive to predictive maintenance – How easy is it to integrate IoT into existing assets for maintenance purposes?
- Exploring the technology available for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance, and the level of investment required
- Special considerations for remote assets – creating efficient mechanisms to collect data from sensors and turning this into actionable insights
- The potential benefits for business innovation and strategy of implementing IoT for maintenance
04:30PM - Day 1
Case Study: Industrial Internet of Things in Action
A case study from a leading IoT company working within the industrial market.