28 November 2018
Connected Transportation: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Solo: The Importance of Connected Infrastructure for the Smart Transportation of the Future
This talk will look at how transportation infrastructure, such as roads and trainlines, is evolving to keep pace with the growing smart transportation market.
Panel: Creating Smart Transport Systems for the Intelligent Consumer
- Sensors are the foundation of every IoT tracking system, but within the transportation sector, are they are being used for more than just to monitor accidents, road and weather conditions.
- Exploring the potential of IoT in the transport sector, both in private and public transportation systems, and how it can help cities to address trends such as traffic congestion, environmental awareness and improving quality of life.
- Discovering ways in which smart transportation can add business value and generate additional revenue
- Real life examples from the globes largest train, bus, underground and airline companies.
Solo: Is Tolling Next to be Revolutionised by the IoT?
This talk will look at how ETC (Electronic Toll-Collection) can truly be automated by the implementation of IoT technologies such as sensors, RFID tags and Cloud technology. It will also look at how the implementation of other technologies such as Blockchain could create a secure and efficient system.
Panel: IoT-Enabled Traffic Management Solutions
- How are traffic management solutions utilising the IoT can impact on reducing congestion and emissions, increasing safety efficiency and performance, and improve quality of life for citizens?
- The role of smart parking, smart signalling and other traffic management technologies in enhancing urban mobility.
- How data at the heart of transport innovation; utilising data to prevent failure and fatalities and for real time and predictive traffic management.
- Real life examples from smart cities across the globe.
Solo: Smart Parking in the Smart City
As cities are becoming more populous, the concern turns to whether current infrastructure is fit for purpose. With smart parking solutions being rolled out, what were parking problems could be turned into new opportunities for Parking Service Providers. This talk will look at how this is affecting not only car-parking, but urban mobility and traffic management solutions.
Solo: How the IoT is Enabling Connected Ports
This talk will look at how the future of the Connected Port will be shaped by the implementation of IoT technologies to ensure the seamless communication between equipment, systems and people.
Panel: Connected Vessels and Connected Ports
- How will IoT enable the seamless passenger/cargo journey from port to port.
- The connected trinity: Automated Decision Making, Process Automation and Equipment Automation
- The implementation of IoT technology on board for real-time vessel performance data
- Using the IoT to be better prepared – avoid hazardous weather, disruption, extenuated cost, and to drive faster turnaround times.
Solo: Connected Aircrafts for the High-Flying Consumer
This presentation will discuss the way in which the Connected Airplane will use IoT data to be better prepared for every situation. It will also review the systems which are helping improve passenger experience, in-flight, flight operations, and aircraft turnaround time to avoid any delays which inconvenience both the airline and the passenger.
Panel: The Next Generation of Connected Cars and Vehicles
- Exploring the connected vehicle ecosystem in 2018.
- Aims for a seamless customer experience and the obstacles to be overcome to provide this.
- Visions of the more connected and autonomous future for vehicles and mobility.
- Thinking of the car as more than a connected device but a platform for apps and services.
- The role of partnerships within the connected car ecosystem, from start-ups to enterprises.