Day 1 - 13 November 2019
Developing for the IoT: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for IoT tech developers, vendors and service providers.
Partner Solutions Engineer
09:50AM - Day 1
Sony Spresense – Edge Computing with Low Power Consumption
Within this talk you will discover the secret of low power, how this is realised with Edge computing and you will hear about some real world use cases.
Panel: The Fundamentals of IoT Device Management
There is no doubt that device management is the foundation for any IoT solution. This talk will look at the ways in which IoT device management platforms offer lifecycle management capabilities which can help deploy, monitor, maintain, manage, and update IoT devices at-scale.
11:30AM - Day 1
IoT use cases in Public Safety Communications
This talk will look at how solution providers are ensuring that their IoT applications are fit for purpose. This includes, amongst other considerations, ensuring they are scalable, interoperable, and have an in-built layer of security.
11:50AM - Day 1
Smart IoT Security: Deriving Business Value From Secure Connected Intelligence
- Security and IoT business models
- IoT value equation
- Security challenges during design
- A pre-launch perspective
- How to be prepared for changing threats
- Post launch challenges
- Standards and Guidanceo
- UL 2900, UL 2900-2-1, UL 2900-2-2o, NISTIR 8200o, FIPS 140-2
Chief Marketing and Product Officer
12:20PM - Day 1
Building Event-Driven Systems at the Speed of IoT
In this session, learn how the revolution in real run-time, event-driven application platforms enable innovative companies to develop, deploy and run real-time enterprise applications – enabled by the IoT – with dramatically reduced time-to-market, significantly lowered development and maintenance costs, and maximized agility in the face of requirements for continuous innovation and digital transformation.
12:50PM - Day 1
12:40PM - Day 2
Building IoT Apps with Serverless Edge Computing
- Why IoT, serverless, and edge computing were made for each other
- How to build IoT backends using serverless edge computing
- How to build complex data pipelines with serverless edge computing
Lead Technical Evangelist
02:00PM - Day 1
Demystifying the Smart Environment for IoT Architecture
The smart environment is comprised of many layers of technology (networks, sensors, etc.) The architecture that powers applications like this require many moving pieces to ensure flexibility and scalability. In this talk, we will take a look at the structure of a smart environment architecture and provide learnings and best practices from real-world applications.
02:30PM - Day 1
Fernando Llobregat Baena
Head of IoT Enterprise
02:30PM - Day 1
Vice President, IoT Platforms
01:00PM - Day 2
02:30PM - Day 1
ROBIOTIC by Hoffmann + Krippner
02:30PM - Day 1
Panel: Connectivity Considerations for IoT Solutions
- Discussions around range vs data rate vs power consumption for these IoT technologies and connectivity solutions
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network
- How Mesh networks can be utilised by a range of industries, not just the Smart Home sector to provide flexible and scalable connectivity without the need for ISP’s for the IoT.
Innovation Through Technology Collaboration
This session will discuss how success and innovation is achieved by sharing technology, and collaboration between various disciplines and industries. We will demonstrate this via specific case studies and demonstrate the differentiating value they brought to the energy industry.
Director, Channel Sales – IoT and Cybersecurity
Telefonica (Business Solutions)/ IoT World Alliance
04:10PM - Day 1
eSIM Technology as an Enabler for IoT Connectivity
With the advent of the eSIM, the world of telco connectivity has changed. This talk will look at the eSIM market as a whole and the way that it will affect the pace and the manner in which IoT devices are developed and deployed.
Co-Chair, Marketing Committee / Vice President of Marketing
LoRa Alliance / Multi-Tech Systems, Inc.
04:30PM - Day 1
Enabling Successful IoT Solutions
The Internet of Things (IoT) is already impacting every facet of the way companies operate, innovate and provide solutions, and is starting to have an impact on consumers too. IoT has moved from a promise to real-world problem solving with proven use cases, driven by companies and technologies that ensure the full potential is realized. This presentation covers:
- The evolution and benefits of LoRaWAN® which is regarded as the de facto standard for unlicensed LPWAN technology
- The importance of ecosystem, with overview of the LoRa Alliance®
- No single technology will capture all of the massive IoT applications; choice of technology is application dependent. Examples of key use-cases and verticals that have proven IoT solutions and which different technologies will co-exist to deliver massive IoT
- Why certification is essential for interoperability and scaling deployments
- Why developer community and innovation is essential