Day 2 - 6 November 2020
Deputy CIO & Senior Technology Advisor to the Mayor
City of Los Angeles
10:00AM - Day 2
10:40AM - Day 1
Presentation: Connecting Communities – Smart Environments through IoT Networks
- As the core of smart stadiums, cities and environments successes are based off of connectivity, which solution/s from the wide-array of options available will be integral to future success?
- What other disruptive technologies can enable these connected spaces?
- A look at the pro’s and con’s of these and industry use-cases.
. Jeanne Holm, Deputy CIO & Senior Technology Advisor to the Mayor, City of Los Angeles
Presentation: Covering the Range – Connectivity Considerations of the IoT
- What is the best connectivity option for your product?
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs. power consumption for these IoT connectivity technologies.
- The necessary steps that need to be taken to help secure and scale networks – is this where Mobile Private Networks step-in?
- How to adopt key connectivity and security solutions into your pre-existing infrastructure.
Panel: Connectivity is Key; IoT’s role in Connecting Citizens during a Pandemic
- How the current network infrastructure is supporting the increased demand in connectivity.
- Discussions around range vs. data rate vs power consumption of these networks – can IoT connectivity technology provide the answer, from LP-WAN to LoRa?
- Is there a disconnect between 5G rollout and integration with existing infrastructure – as well as a public trust issue?
- The drawbacks for each network, including security and whether devices can actively initiate communication with the network.
To follow soon…
Presentation: The Pro’s & Con’s of Network Solutions for Industrial Production
- What are the wireless technology trends in the smart factory space?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using WLAN or cellular technologies for industrial production, including Private LTE & 5G solutions.
- Where is your money best spent? Wired Vs wireless interface cost implication.
Lunch and Speed Networking on Grip
Keynote Presentation: Connectivity the Wireless Dots – Mapping the Way for Future IoT Connectivity
- Discussing the structure and standards for network connectivity needed across industries.
- How do we map the way for IoT connectivity and other network solutions?
- Is building partnerships with network providers the key to success?
- Barriers affecting this evolution.
Global Project Director, Connectivity
01:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: The Future for zero-carbon transition – IoT & Connectivity for the Energy Market
Session overview to follow soon ….
. Erik Groen, Global Project Director, Connectivity, Engie
Presentation: Powering the Future with Disruptive Technologies – The Possibilities and Barriers
- What flaws have been apparent in previous innovative systems, from lack of data flow to device errors.
- Examples of current IoT and disruptive technology systems providing industry solutions.
- Barriers blocking progression, including data gaps from legacy equipment to system errors and beyond.
- How mass personalisation is the next frontier.
Live Track Sponsor Keynote: We Work Better Together – How Collaborations are Key to Success
- Breaking down silos – barriers to entry.
- How to evaluate new technologies for your business.
- Understanding the risks.
- How to make strategic decisions that are right for your company, not just your technology strategy.
Presentation: IoT & The Intelligent Enterprise – What Matters?
- What are the best practices to achieve an intelligent enterprise?
- How can IoT help enable transformation?
- Examples of these solutions in practice
Presentation: Monetizing the Enterprise – IoT for ROI
- Exploring which Digital Technologies can increase business optimisation, rather than unnecessary adoption.
- The power of Edge for optimised processes.
- Finding the balance – the importance of cultural progression and sustainability capabilities to enable the workforce.
- Looking beyond productivity and growth, how else can IoT be leveraged for better ROI?