Day 2 - 29 November 2018
Enterprise Security – Emerging Tech & Regulations: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Panel: The role of regulations & standards for cybersecurity
- What does the concept of standards really mean in the context of cybersecurity?
- Exploring corporate assocaition vs government based policies such as those from NIST, Cloud Security Alliance, FTC etc…
- Can a verticalized approach to standards work?
- What is current US regulation in this area?
U.S. Department of Homeland Security S&T Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP)
10:30AM - Day 2
12:20PM - Day 2
Keynote: Adapting Innovation in Blockchain and IoT for DHS
This session will describe the security, privacy and interoperability lessons learned in adapting Blockchain and IoT technology to meet the needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise, and how the DHS Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP) is partnering with the global innovation community to adapt and harness cutting-edge technologies to address the needs of DHS Operations at startup, rather than government, speed.
Top trends in IAM
- How IAM evolved in last decade? Manual fulfilment to automated CI/CD build and deployments
- IAM changed from compliance focused to user focused without compromising on security (Simple, Seamless and Secure)
- Top trends in Identity Access Governance and Authentication
Panel: Exploring Identity Access Management
Despite the best efforts of cyber security professionals to update systems and protect against vulnerabilities, if access to these systems is not managed correctly, attackers could gain access resulting in costly data breaches. Hence identity & access management (IAM) is a key component of modern cyber security planning and implementation. Controlling the use and issuance of administrative passwords in key. This panel will analyse the following:
- What factors need to be considered when implementing IAM systems?
- The role will technologies like Blockchain, and biometrics have in IAM?
- How important is IAM for cloud based systems, and what do security professionals have to consider differently?
Afternoon Keynote: NIST’s Role in Cybersecurity and IoT Standards
- NIST IR 8228 – “Considerations for Managing IoT Cybersecurity and Privacy” out for public comment until Oct. 24th
- Cybersecurity baseline for IOT
- The importance of public/private partnerships in standards development
Global Director for Threat Intelligence
01:10PM - Day 2
Security Team Lead
03:50PM - Day 2
01:10PM - Day 2
Director of Business Development
01:10PM - Day 2
Keynote Panel: Evolving cyber intelligence landscapes
- Role of private, enterprise and governmental agencies in cyber intelligence – how is information shared across these?
- What is the difference between tactical, technical, strategic and operational cyber threat intelligence?
- The increasing role of automation, AI and machine learning for gathering and processing intelligence relating to cyber threats
- Discussion of best practices for gathering and acting upon cyber threat intelligence
Professor Dawn Song
Professor, Computer Science | CEO
UC Berkeley | Oasis Labs
02:50PM - Day 2
Privacy-preserving cloud computing
To follow soon…
Sr. Director, Digital Product Security and Security Architecture
03:20PM - Day 2
Cybersecurity Challenges in Financial Companies when they are going through Digital Transformation
Usually, companies tend to associate Cloud, Agile or Micro services with Digital Transformation. These are all infrastructure, project management and architectural enablers; the main transformation that happens is that companies start making Digital Products. That’s the key delta area for cyber security organizations that they have to deal with, and find it challenging to do so. Nasir will focus on what is the mindset change needed, the technical change needed, the setup change needed, for security organizations to deal with Digital Products.
Vision for the future: Role of cyber risk and security in digital healthcare
In the present innovative healthcare industry( where IT, software are the key components of products), challenges prevail on appropriate regulations existence that ensure the safety and security of the patients/ customer. This presentation is an attempt to share the importance of cyber risk and compliance in the healthcare industry
This presentation is on the following points
- role of IT in digital healthcare
- role of cyber risk and compliance in digital healthcare
- advantages of integrated cyber risk and compliance framework in digital healthcare