Day 1 - 29 September 2021
Senior Representative, TechEx
09:00AM - Day 2
09:00AM - Day 1
IoT Digital Infrastructures: Organisers Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Vice President, Production & Precision Ag Production Systems
09:10AM - Day 1
Smart Farms – The Connected Fields Feeding the World
- How AI is leveraged for predictive maintenance and remote management to eliminate downtime of equipment on the farm and meet every field’s fullest yield potential.
- The combination of historic and real-time data to amplify in the moment decision making and enable communication across different machines in the field.
- The powerful combination of advanced connectivity, machine-to-machine communication, smart sensors and data analytics to predict needs of each seed or plant, enhancing efficiency and sustainability on the farm.
Living at the Edge for Optimum Response
- Edge processing for optimum IoT deployments – how this resolves latency and connectivity barriers.
- The advantages of running on quicker response rates through a de-centralised system.
- Cloud analytics Vs Edge analytics – which allows for better data capture?
J. Alan Bird
Global Business Development Leader
10:00AM - Day 1
Program Manager for Transactive Energy, Communications and Interoperability in Smart Grid
U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
10:00AM - Day 1
Panel: Data on the Move – Intelligent Decision Making for Process Optimisation
- Mass data analysis – how to make the most of your insights and contextualise the data before it goes stale.
- Making data interoperable to utilise insights across silos.
- A global shift to remote management and more predictive and pro-active solutions – how IoT is the answer.
- Comparing infrastructure approaches and data latency.
- Discussing ROI and ROV (return on value) – understanding the best approach and analysing a ‘future focus’.
Digital Twin Consortium
10:40AM - Day 1
Digital Twins in Practice
To follow soon ….
Digital Twins – the Connection Between Digital and Physical
- Are digital twins the best starting block for building an optimised product/ system?
- How this technology enables AI, ML and IoT to work together to build concepts into reality.
- Using digital twins at scale to optimise the enterprise as we move passed a single asset limitation.
- Understanding the results to then put optimised solutions in place.
Industry 5.0, the Next Frontier
- Evolving from Industry 4.0 and the shift to a more sustainable and human-centric approach.
- Cultural change – enabling the human workforce and machines to work in tandem for the digital age.
- It is imperative industries evolve to this new way of thinking and manufacturing, but where do you begin?
Covering the Range – Securing & Scaling IoT Device Connectivity
- What IoT networks can provide the level of device connectivity you need?
- Sensor integration: how these vary and what barriers are present?
- The necessary steps that need to be taken to help secure the network – is this where Mobile Private Networks step-in?
- Is the latency of 5G Networks an enabler or a hinderance here?
Web of Things, Media & Entertainment Project Specialist
12:00PM - Day 1
Panel: Unlimited Connectivity – IoT for Smart Infrastructures
- How are IoT and wireless solutions enabling greater connectivity for enterprise infrastructures?
- As 5G allows for heightened connectivity and efficiency speeds, how is the adoption of this disrupting smart infrastructures?
- Ideas on where to start – what needs to be implemented early on in the process of digitising infrastructures?
- How to understand the data and glean insights through IoT and AI.
- IoT’s role in building sustainable infrastructures.
Digital Technologies for Better Air – a look at Load Shedding
To follow soon ….
Mass Connectivity through Cellular Networks – a Look Across Industries
- What are the wireless technology trends enabling connected environments?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using WLAN or cellular technologies for industrial production, including Private LTE & 5G solutions.
- Where is your money best spent? Wired Vs wireless interface cost implication.
LoRaWAN Ambassador, LoRa Alliance
01:20PM - Day 1
Panel: Integrating IoT Connectivity
- How interoperable are current network services?
- Standardisation – securing the full line of connectivity and where to start.
- Can intelligent-switching options be the solution for multiple location IoT deployments working in real-time? Is this where eSIM’s help create a holistic connection?
- Using AI, Edge and other disruptive technologies to optimise products and services.
- Looking at long-term strategies for deployments – knowing what connectivity you will need in the future and not just for the short-term.
The Solutions of the eSIM
- What eSIM offers that other solutions don’t – the interoperability capabilities.
- Mass device connectivity through cellular networks.
- Is a change in the telecom business models still needed for wider adoption of the technology?
Applying Sensors for a Smart San Francisco
- Utilising edge and datacentre processing to dynamically set traffic signals.
- Optimizing traffic flow based on prioritization of the various modes.
- How this is a fundamentally different approach relying on the digital twin.
- San Francisco’s Transportation Agency use-case.
End of Day 1
Click to view the agenda for: Day 2 Enterprise Transformation track
Topics include: Digital Transformation | Digitisation | Cultural Change | Disruptive Technologies | Enterprise Sustainability | Smart Cities