30 November 2017
IoT in Enterprise: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Keynote Panel: IoT Technologies in Enterprise
- Discussing the impact that integrating IoT technology from wearables to smart lighting has on an enterprise.
- Who are the main stakeholders affected, and what benefits can be leveraged by a business when integrating IoT?
- What blue sky IoT technology can you envision being utilised by enterprises in the future?
- Who are the leaders within this field, and what are they doing right?
IoT and Remote Container Management
“By outfitting its fleet of reefer containers with “smart” technology, Maersk Line is reducing risk in customer supply chains and saving itself millions of dollars in costs while representing the cutting edge technology and innovation in shipping.” Maersk, 2016
Panel: Smart logistics for freight and fleet management
- Discussing how the IoT is impacting logistics, fleet and freight management as a whole
- How businesses should tackle vehicle generated big data, plus that generated by connected freight such as RCM’s?
- Moving beyond telematics to transform connected assets into intelligent devices.
- What impact will the IoT have on the future of worldwide logistics and the wider business?
Keynote: Lessons learnt from the Oil and Gas industries in IoT
- As an industry, oil and gas have been utilising IoT for many years; what can the rest of Industry 4.0 learn from their experiences?
- How to ensure their operations are efficient, safe, and secure
- The role of asset monitoring to protect against equipment failure.
- Real life examples from upstream, downstream and midstream operations.
Panel: Managing energy usage in Enterprise using IoT
- Discussion of how enterprises across all sectors, from industrial manufacturing facilities to commercial premises are starting to embrace smart energy technologies to manage their energy usage.
- How is IoT tech like smart metering and smart grids are helping businesses manage energy usage, reduce outages, increase efficiency and environmental sustainability?
- What is the role of utility companies within this changing ecosystem and how can renewable energies be incorporated?
Smart buildings and lighting
- What changes a building from simply being connected to being truly smart?
- Discussions around how to use smart buildings and lighting to improve energy efficiency.
- Lighting represents close to 30 percent of a commercial building’s electric load — roughly 10 percent of a building’s operating costs. Can smart lighting reduce costs?
- What role can traditional facilities management companies play in this ecosystem?
Smart Farming – growing new business opportunities
- Industry 4.0 is enabling more simplified operational decisions, increasing machine uptime and allowing for the easy management of systems within farming – using sensors for everything from soil monitoring to herd management.
- How the agriculture industry in particular is taking connectivity to the next level
- What hurdles the agricultural industry has faced as machines become increasingly connected to the internet and how farmers can overcome those challenges
- The role of mobile data collection, analysis, sensors and remote management in creating a connected farm and increasing yields whilst reducing wastage.
Panel: Agriculture in IOT – the future of the smart farm
- What is the future for irrigation control, fertiliser management and other types of connected farming technologies?
- How can IoT impact on agriculture and farming in emerging markets – discussing the need for low barriers to entry for farmers worldwide.
- Understanding how connectivity on the farm can be leveraged across other industries
- What is the value of using new IoT technologies such as drones within farming.
- Will increased data mean increased transparency for consumers as to where their produce is coming from?