Day 2 - 14 November 2019
IoT Innovations and Solutions: Chairperson’s Welcome
IoT Innovation: Cloud Infrastructure
- Migration to the cloud – Using the cloud for information operations
- Economic benefits of a pay-per-use model
- Scalability in delivery
Panel: Predictions, IoT 2020 and Beyond
- In the last year, what have been the hottest Innovations within the IoT Market?
- What’s the next industry to be transformed by the IoT?
- The IoT has come a long way in the last 10 years, what are the predictions for the next 10 years?
IoT Innovation: Predictive Maintenance
Predictive maintenance is a key factor impacting all areas of the IoT eco-system. Implementing IoT and understanding the data can save money, allow for less standby time for traditional maintenance and give insights into the devices used. How do you understand and utilise this data? What application best fits your needs?
IoT Innovation: Device Management
Key considerations when choosing the right device management platform for your IoT project
IoT Innovation: Application Development
- Which sector are you developing for?
- Key focuses when developing – Security, privacy, compatibility and connectivity
- Where to find your funding? Responsibility sourcing
IoT Innovation: Powering the IoT
This talk will discuss the different methods required for powering the IoT from smart scale devices to robust Cloud platforms
IoT Innovation: Connectivity
This talk will focus on the connectivity of IoT platforms and the key fundamentals this requires, including:
- Remote controlling
IoT Innovation: Cellular IoT
What are the most disruptive technologies facing the market, this talk will also look at different ranges of connectivity options provided by cellular IoT
IoT Innovation: 5G
Compared to the 4G, 5G is set to be far faster and more reliable, with greater capacity and lower response times. Beyond a simple performance increase, 5G is set to open up whole new use cases for mobile data, and this talk will look at the impact of 5G on the IoT ecosystem.
IoT Innovation: Blockchain IoT Technology
This session will focus on how two important emerging technologies will work together for future industry disrupting innovations
IoT Innovation: IoT Data Storage
Given the copious amounts of data created by IoT devices, what different storage options are available and which suits different types of data. Key considerations include, latent data, IoT platforms and historical data.
IoT Innovation: Compatibility
- How compatible is your IoT platform?
- Pros V Cons of having a segmented industry focused platform
- Ensuring interoperability to compete with future advancements
IoT Innovation: Deriving Value from the IoT
IoT platforms provide insights into everything it’s connected with – This session will look at gaining value from your IoT application, including competitive advantage and economic benefits
IoT Innovation: Security for IoT Devices
This talk will focus on the importance of security within IoT devices:
· Which platform suits your needs?
· Solutions for weak spots within your security platform
· Multi-layered security vs a simplistic approach, which option best protects from cyber-attacks?
IoT Innovation: RFID & Sensors
Sensors are at the core of IoT – The growing demand for smart electronics and wearable devices (MEMS, Micro-electromechanical system) has allowed for sensors to deliver in numerous sectors. RFID has provided a solution for wide spread connectivity in supply chains and warehouse storage. This session will look at how the deployment of RFID and smart sensors within IoT has impacted:
- Consumer products
- Medical and Healthcare Sector
- Home automation and hospitality
IoT Innovation: eSIM’s
The future of mobile phones is here – This talk will look at the embedded sims, what differences they provide and the impacts on the cellular market