Day 2 - 29 November 2018
IoT Innovations & Technologies: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for start ups and companies wanting to adopt the IoT.
Director of Strategy & Solutions Marketing, Digital Networking
10:50AM - Day 2
09:50AM - Day 2
EdgeScale from NXP: A cloud-agnostic technology for secure device and application management at the Edge.
As IoT devices and services are deployed around the world, the need has never been greater for solutions to ensure that IoT endpoints and edge compute infrastructure can be uniquely identified, securely provisioned and securely managed. This presentation will discuss the technical and economic challenges to achieving this and how NXP, a leader in secure connectivity and processing, is providing innovative solutions to enable a secure and intelligent IoT-based world.
Manager, Acoustics Engineering
10:20AM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Ultrasonic wireless power at a distance for IoT applications
Current IoT systems are typically designed with strict power budget in mind in order to prolong battery life, which mean tradeoffs between functionality and longevity. Furthermore, the demand for additional power is growing as IoT deployments shift towards edge computing. While various power harvesting technologies have been available for years, they can be unreliable as a primary energy source depending on the application. Ultrasonic wireless power can be a viable and compelling solution to current power constrained IoT designs. This truly wireless power-at-a-distance technology can potentially unleash system performance while minimizing battery-related issues.
Defining the future of IoT Device Management with LwM2M
- Why LwM2M should be your default choice for IoT Device Management
- From protocol features to real-life use cases
- Scalability and security as essential elements of any IoT deployment
11:25AM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: How to transform product data and analytical insights into real business outcomes with IoT orchestration
In this talk, we will explain how automation and orchestration are crucial to unlock IoT’s business potential and reduce complexity in today’s multi-vendor, multi-platform world.
● How to transform IoT data into action.
● How to coordinate workflows across loosely coupled systems.
● How intelligent APIs can empower efficient cross-vendor, cross-platform, programmatic integrations.
Co-founder & VP of Product
11:40AM - Day 2
12:20PM - Day 1
IoT Innovation: AI driven Predictive Maintenance – Unlocking real value fast with automated insights about the unknown!
Research shows that Predictive Maintenance can save industries $630 billion by 2025. The advent of Industrial IoT is digitally transforming asset-based industries to achieve this. Yet, more than 60% of the organizations today do not have the analytics capabilities to take advantage of this goldmine of data. In this presentation we will discuss about the key challenges and talk about how the evolution of AI and data science automation can help overcome these challenges and deliver real value.
From Sensor to Cloud: OPC UA is the enabler for Semantic Industrial Interoperability
- Connectivity is not enough – Semantic is key for IIoT and Industrie4.0
- Data is useless: International groups defining the meaning of data
- OPC UA in the world of IIC, Industrie4.0, Made in China 2025, Japan IVI, Korea Manufacturing Industry Innovation 3.0
- Real world with SAP and Microsoft: With security from Sensor to IT Enterprise and Cloud
Keynote Panel: Strategies for funding your IoT Idea
- What is the role of investment in driving innovation and competition within the IoT ecosystem?
- Analysing the IoT start up global landscape, and how new businesses are entering the market.
- Comparing funding strategies strengths and weaknesses; crowd funding, VC investment, partnering with large companies and more.
- Discussing new ways to fund IoT projects using decentralised funding, ICOs etc – how will Fintech change the way IoT start ups run?
Transforming Supply Chains Leveraging IoT and Blockchain
This session will demonstrate how Internet of Things(IoT) and Blockchain can be used to add trust, transparency and authenticity, to a complex supply chain that currently uses minimal technology.
Our first use case with UC Berkeley and the Government of Andhra Pradesh to enhance visibility, monitoring and tracking in the seafood supply chain resulted in improving the quality of the product significantly. This encouraged us to explore managing the cold chain for other products, including vaccines leveraging IoT.
In this session you will learn about
- A real-world example of tracing the journey and temperature of seafood in tamper-proof blockchain records
- The IoT architecture including sensors and gateway, to track the health of products on its journey
- Lifesciences and Automobile market plans to improve supply chain management using IoT
IoT Innovation: Streamsheets, Build IoT-based Apps & Microservices like professional programmers just by using your Spreadsheet skills
- Learn how to build full grown IoT Applications and Microservices with Cedalo’s innovative Streamsheet technology.
- Discover how to connect Streamsheets with sensors and actuators over MQTT, REST or Apache Kafka.
- Build real-time analytical applications for Smart Factory, Smart Building or Smart City using just your spreadsheet skills.
- How to deploy Streamsheet applications and microservices as reliable 24/7 server processes in the private or public cloud.
Chief Operations Officer
02:20PM - Day 2
Hungry for Transformation: How the Industrial Internet is Powering the Food and Beverage Industry from the Field to the Factory
The global smart manufacturing market is expected to expand by hundreds of billions of dollars by 2025. Manufacturers, however, are starting to look beyond productivity goals alone and are starting to collect more sophisticated data on assets, equipment and component parts to create new-as-a-service business models.
By connecting assets and tapping predictive analytics, the food and beverage industry is advancing customer experiences while ensuring a safe supply chain that stretches from the factory floor to the kitchen table.
Beyond driving wins in their bottom lines, digital transformation is also boosting morale and designing new ways to work that reduce repetitive tasks and allow teams to focus on more meaningful work.
IoT Innovations and Technologies 2018
CEO and co-founder
03:10PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: The Real World Web
The Real World Web, the operating system (OS) for the IoT, enables companies – including major brands in professional sports, entertainment and retail – to create mixed reality, immersive, digital experiences for consumers across any existing or future mobile device.
Attendees will learn:
- How to leverage the Real World Web to create interactive or gamified experiences that blend digital and physical reality to delight and engage consumers and fans, all without hiring a dedicated software developer.
- How to easily transform the IoT into a modern advertising network, meeting today’s consumers on their digital devices with personalized content and targeted experiences.
- How brands and brand partnerships can leverage the IoT to drive consumer behavior in new ways, with quantifiable results.
- How Rox, Xperiel’s graphical programming language, allows non-engineers to build multi-device apps and experiences which can be easily tailored for creating apps and experiences that work across devices.
IoT Innovation: Intelligent Edge, Foundation for Smarter IoT Network
- Quick insight on Advantech intelligent device features and how Advantech vertical solution ready package with intelligent edge brings smarter IoT network to market.
Founder / CEO
04:20PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Why is Boodskap the best Comprehensive IoT Platform
- Create intelligent IoT solutions from the design to operational in a very short period
- Affordable enterprise class platform with great interoperability, quality, security and scalability
- End-To-End IoT Stack with 20+ customizable modules
- Complete integrated suit of productivity tools for developers and designers
04:30PM - Day 2
IoT Innovation: Why the IoT needs Batteryless Technology
1) The limitations of battery-powered sensors
2) the groundbreaking industry advances that have enabled completely self-powered sensors
3) myriad applications unlocked by this innovation
National Research Council of Canada
04:40PM - Day 2
Connecting legacy equipment to automate decision-making process : An IIoT case-study
- Journey from a disconnected world onto a streaming data platform
- Data Challenges in a research organization
- Choice of tools for a reusable pattern
- Moving analytics to the edge