29 November 2017
IoT Innovations & Technologies: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
10:10AM - Day 2
Bluetooth Workshop – The Expanding Role of Bluetooth in the IoT
Senior Representative, Bluetooth SIG
With the introduction of Low Energy, as well as support for beacons and, soon, mesh networking, Bluetooth technology has been expanding its capability set for the IoT developer community. The developer community in turn has been expanding the role of Bluetooth in many IoT markets, including Smart Homes, Smart Buildings, Smart Cities and the IIoT. Hear from the experts on how these new capabilities are expanding the role of Bluetooth.
IoT Innovation: Connect Your IoT Data to a Machine Learning API in 3 Easy Steps
Senior Representative, Nexosis
11:30AM - Day 1
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator Nexosis on connecting IoT data with machine learning.
IoT Innovation: Consumer IoT – accelerating adoption and monetization
Head of Marketing, Internet of Things
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field.
IoT Innovation: A Safe & Dependable IoT Future Requires Securing Today’s Processors
Founder and CEO
12:10PM - Day 1
Cyber attacks are exploding in volume. Software security “solutions” have been unable to effectively protect people and systems and often exacerbate the vulnerabilities. Our processors are complicit and the only way to comprehensively address the burgeoning problem is by addressing our existing hardware designs.
In this talk, Jothy will explain how seven years of DARPA research and two years of commercial incubation at Draper Labs have produced a solution: the Dover Microsystems PIPE. Jothy will walk the audience through Dover’s approach to secure processing and explain how Dover can protect you from all network based cyber attacks.
Panel: Creating a seamless connected building ecosystem: in the home, hospitality and the workplace
- To what extent can tech like gateways, hubs, smart meters, security, lighting, and entertainment form a central component of the connected home and workplace?
- What should businesses consider when choosing a connected building or home platform; closed vs open software, monitoring and configuration, provisioning and authentication and software updates and maintenance?
- What role will partnerships play in ensuring the maximum delivery from interconnected devices?
- The role of the cloud and mesh systems in smart home and workplace connectivity.
Smart homes, smart consumers?
A presentation from a leading IoT smart home company discussing the role of the consumer in todays connected home ecosystem. The talk will highlight which technologies consumers currently feel comfortable allowing into their home, which technologies and companies they wish to spend their money on as well as what is stopping them, from poor design and interoperability to concerns over privacy. Finally discussing what the potential areas of market growth are such as senior care support?
IoT Innovation: OPC Foundation
A presentation from a leading IoT interoperability standard, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field.
IoT Innovation: Wearables
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the Wearables, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from healthcare, fashion and sport.
IoT Innovation: Security
This talk will highlight some of the latest IoT security developments from one of the industry’s leading providers of E2E security solutions.
IoT Innovation: AR/VR in Enterprise
A case study from enterprise about how AR/VR technology is being utilised to aid workers, improve safety and add business value, including real life examples and a discussion of some of the challenges and opportunities presented by this technology within the workplace.
IoT Innovation: Payments
A presentation from a leading IoT vendor discussing the latest innovations within IoT billing models and payment platforms.
IoT Innovation: Powering IoT Devices
Discussing challenges and innovations within the IoT power market, including changing adoption rates and energy harvesting
IoT MeetUp 2
An exciting local MeetUp group will be holding a special edition of their regular MeetUps at the event.
30 November 2017
IoT Innovations and Technologies Day 2: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Keynote: Digitally transforming new industries using IoT
- Discussing the newest markets that will be adopting IoT technologies in 2018 and beyond.
- What are the newest innovations within IoT software, hardware and platforms and how are they impacting the current market?
- What will companies have to do to still be viable in a 2022 IoT marketplace?
- Predictions for which sectors will see growth in the next 5 years and which ones will fall by the wayside?
Lessons we can learn from Insurance and IoT
- Examples of how the insurance industry has embraced the IoT – pay as you drive, home insurance and health insurance
- How IoT has disrupted the insurance industry
- Individualising services for customers
- Making money from data
Panel: Future directions for the IoT in insurance
Cyber Risk Consultant
10:20AM - Day 2
- How can connecting devices change how insurance products are delivered in the future?
- How can insurers improve their customer experience and still drive efficiency?
- Discussions around how transparent your data should be to your customers?
- How can insurers harness data and analytics to provide their customers and policy holders with the right products that meet their needs?
- What can IoT for insurance learn from other industries?
Innovations and opportunities in connected health
- What are the latest ground breaking ideas and innovations in healthcare technology and how are they affecting the healthcare industry in developing and developed countries?
- Who are the stakeholders in the mobile health field and how are they adapting to technological changes?
- Who is going to pay for technology and how are developments and progress in technology affecting the healthcare ecosystem?
Hearables – the next generation of IoT health wearable?
- One recent study by Juniper Research suggests that the market for hearables could reach $5 billion in revenue by 2020, but what are they and who uses them?
- What impact could they have on the connected health business, via allowing for more accurate and easy measuring of vital signs like heartrate, body temperature and blood pressure.
- How smart, interactive wireless headphones can be used to transform the way we live and work.
- What are the potential applications for such technology, i.e. improving worker safety, giving notifications, instructions and communications as well as biometric identification?
Panel: Raising the bar – can IoT improve our fitness and performance?
- Discussing the convergence of sport and technology – smart clothing, accessories and fitness wear that can do everything from monitor your heart to charge your smartphone.
- How can predictive analytics can play a role in improving sports performance in personal and a team setting?
- Exploring innovations in smart textiles, sensors and platforms and examining which areas will provide future growth
- Sensors and connectivity: choices and challenges.
Case Study: Learning from the Players
How the latest IoT products and analytics are being used at a real life sports team to improve the players fitness, accuracy and performance.
Keynote Panel: How is the IoT shaping consumer-brand relationships in retail and beyond?
Managing Director, Centrica Connected Home
03:10PM - Day 2
- Exploring how the IoT can create a direct brand-consumer channel.
- What potential does this IoT ‘channel’ have for multi-way communication and to what extent can it be used for consumer engagement?
- How does this evolving landscape affect retailer’s relationship with their customers, both in store and digitally, such as utilising wearables, smart TVs and BLE technology?
- Using IoT data streams to effectively equip yourself to form closer relationships with the customer.
- Security and privacy necessary for trust-based consumer-brand relationship.
Case Study: IoT in Retail
- How does the era of IoT change the relationship between retail stores and their shoppers e.g through Smart mirrors, dressing rooms, supply chain management and individualised marketing.
- Which tech is worth investing in, within this space?
- Real life examples of how IoT is being used look across in-store experience, real-time marketing, enhanced loyalty programs, and mobile e-commerce.