29 November 2017
IoT Innovations & Technologies: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
IoT 2022: a five year vision
- What are the newest innovations within IoT software, hardware and platforms and how are they impacting the current market?
- What will companies have to do to still be viable in a 2022 IoT marketplace?
- Predictions for which sectors will see growth in the next 5 years and which ones will fall by the wayside?
IoT Innovation: Robotics
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in Robotics, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field, from home help, to retail via last mile delivery systems and healthcare.
IoT Innovation: Drones
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in Drone technology, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from enterprise to government.
IoT Innovation: Transport
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the transport sector, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from automated vehicles to air travel.
Panel: Device management – how to choose?
- There are nearly 400 IoT device management platforms available in the current market, how do you choose between this bewildering array?
- What is the main difference between the big players offerings and smaller more specialised management systems?
- The role of the cloud in device management.
- Discussion of the key considerations when choosing a device management platform; provisioning and authentication, configuration and control, monitoring and diagnostics and software updates and maintenance.
Panel: Powering the IoT
- The challenges associated with creating wireless devices.
- Discussion of how costs associated with battery production, use and replacement are restricting market adoption of many IoT applications.
- How technology like RF harvesting, solar power, and piezoelectric devices are changing the way makers think about IoT devices, and what are the pros and cons of these?
IoT Innovation: 3D Printing
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the transport sector, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from food printing to changing the supply chain with factory floor 3D printers for spare parts.
IoT Innovation: Wearables
A presentation from a leading IoT innovator in the Wearables, demonstrating their latest advances in this rapidly changing field from healthcare, fashion and sport.
Using gateways, hubs and routers to support fog computing
- How transitioning from cloud to fog computing can help with current and future challenges within the IoT industry.
- What advantages do a decentralized architecture have for data processing in this every growing market, with the ever changing requirements for high speed data processing and analytics.
- Discussion of the security advantages of using a fog computing model vs a cloud based system.
Case Study: AR/VR in Enterprise
A case study from enterprise about how AR/VR technology is being utilised to aid workers, improve safety and add business value, including real life examples and a discussion of some of the challenges and opportunities presented by this technology within the workplace.
Case Study: The latest in IoT security technology.
This talk will highlight some of the latest IoT security developments from one of the industry’s leading providers of E2E security solutions.
MeetUp Number 1
MeetUp Number 2
30 November 2017
Chairs welcome and opening comments
Keynote: Lessons we can learn from Insurance and IoT
- Examples of how the insurance industry has embraced the IoT – pay as you drive, home insurance and health insurance
- How IoT has disrupted the insurance industry
- Individualising services for customers
- Making money from data
Panel: Future directions for the IoT in insurance
- How can connecting devices change how insurance products are delivered in the future?
- How can insurers improve their customer experience and still drive efficiency?
- Discussions around how transparent your data should be to your customers?
- How can insurers harness data and analytics to provide their customers and policy holders with the right products that meet their needs?
- What can IoT for insurance learn from other industries?
Innovations and opportunities in connected health
- What are the latest ground breaking ideas and innovations in healthcare technology and how are they affecting the healthcare industry in developing and developed countries?
- Who are the stakeholders in the mobile health field and how are they adapting to technological changes?
- Who is going to pay for technology and how are developments and progress in technology affecting the healthcare ecosystem?
Hearables – the next generation of IoT health wearable?
- One recent study by Juniper Research suggests that the market for hearables could reach $5 billion in revenue by 2020, but what are they and who uses them?
- What impact could they have on the connected health business, via allowing for more accurate and easy measuring of vital signs like heartrate, body temperature and blood pressure.
- How smart, interactive wireless headphones can be used to transform the way we live and work.
- What are the potential applications for such technology, i.e. improving worker safety, giving notifications, instructions and communications as well as biometric identification?
Panel: Raising the bar – can IoT improve our fitness and performance?
- Discussing the convergence of sport and technology – smart clothing, accessories and fitness wear that can do everything from monitor your heart to charge your smartphone.
- How can predictive analytics can play a role in improving sports performance in personal and a team setting?
- Exploring innovations in smart textiles, sensors and platforms and examining which areas will provide future growth
- Sensors and connectivity: choices and challenges.
Case Study: Learning from the Players
How the latest IoT products and analytics are being used at a real life sports team to improve the players fitness, accuracy and performance.
Keynote Panel: How is the IoT shaping consumer-brand relationships in retail and beyond?
- Exploring how the IoT can create a direct brand-consumer channel.
- What potential does this IoT ‘channel’ have for multi-way communication and to what extent can it be used for consumer engagement?
- How does this evolving landscape affect retailer’s relationship with their customers, both in store and digitally, such as utilising wearables, smart TVs and BLE technology?
- Using IoT data streams to effectively equip yourself to form closer relationships with the customer.
- Security and privacy necessary for trust-based consumer-brand relationship.
Case Study: IoT in Retail
- How does the era of IoT change the relationship between retail stores and their shoppers e.g through Smart mirrors, dressing rooms, supply chain management and individualised marketing.
- Which tech is worth investing in, within this space?
- Real life examples of how IoT is being used look across in-store experience, real-time marketing, enhanced loyalty programs, and mobile e-commerce.