Day 2 - 14 November 2019
Smart Transport and Cities: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Hear from an industry leading analyst about the latest trends, investments and market insights for IoT developers, vendors and service providers
Increased End-to-End Visibility and Asset Management using the IoT
The supply chain industry has been revolutionised with the introduction of the IoT which provides detailed insight into every process as within this industry, even the smallest inefficiency can cost time and money. This talk will look at how end-to-end control and true asset management can be integrated into every business and how this technology is moving forward
Panel: Smart Logistics and the Connected Fleet
- What is key when looking for the kind of IoT solution to fit your businesses fleet management needs?
- Business without borders – how partnerships within this industry can enable an effective connectivity network to enable this enhanced technology.
- Looking to the future, how will this technology develop from predictive to proactive?
Geo-Fencing – What are its parameters?
Geofencing has changed the way that an IoT enabled business functions. How does this technology aid an enterprise trying to achieve e2e visibility especially looking at fleet management?
Smart Traffic Management for the Connected City
This talk will be looking at the way in which the IoT is transforming Traffic Management within cities and on motorways for the benefit of both the city and its citizens. This includes traffic density, accident management, and communication with emergency services
Panel: V2V Communication and Intelligent Transport Systems
- What are the newest innovations in this market?
- The benefits for this kind of IoT integration speak for themselves; reduced traffic, safer roads, streamlined traffic management etc., but is the connectivity there to enable it and is the cost worth the reward?
- Are the current security systems for this technology robust enough to cope with the kind of responsibility that they would be undertaking & how will v2v technology providers be able to gain consumer trust in this technology?
Building Trust for the Success of MaaS (Mobility as a Service)
The sharing of data is key for the success of MaaS, however due to the stringent data privacy laws within the UK there is a question mark over whether this going to become a reality in the near future. How can this technology overcome this setback and what does the future look like when it reaches its full potential?
The Future of Smart City Infrastructure
Smart city infrastructure is key to establishing the overall smart city framework and architecture. Is it the answer to the exponential growth of cities, and can it help in making them greener places to live and work?
Connectivity to Power the Smart City of the Future
From the wide-ranging array of connectivity solutions, which is going to be the one which is going to be integral to the future of smart cities? This talk will look at the Pro’s and Con’s of each within the city perspective
Cloud, Edge, and IoT Data Management for the future of Smart Cities
This talk will look at the use of private vs public cloud infrastructure within cities, how it copes with the quantity of data that is generated within the ever increasingly connected city, and how Edge computing may be the way forward for cities