Day 1 - 29 September 2020
Head of Policy – UK Bus
10:30AM - Day 1
The proactive approach; How business will react to the post Covid-19 environment & the new role of technology
Session overview to follow soon ….
R&D Digital Transformation Lead
10:50AM - Day 1
IoT Strategy Lead
The De Beers Group
10:50AM - Day 1
10:50AM - Day 1
Panel: IoT driving Digital Transformation – The aftermath of COVID-19
Digital transformation is the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changing how you operate and deliver value to customers. This panel will discuss further the adoption of digital transformation and how COVID-19 has disrupted enterprise progressions.
- What role can integrating IoT play in improving service delivery, health and safety and efficiency in a post COVID world?
- What are the next steps to enable true enterprise adoption of digital transformation initiatives?
Live webinar panel
IoT & the intelligent enterprise; what matters?
It’s not IoT technologies and platforms that drives a competitive advantage, it’s the integration to business strategy and outcomes that differentiates and creates value for the enterprise. What are the best practices to achieve it?
Programme Manager - Digital Transformation
12:00PM - Day 1
Digital Transformation – A Matter of Culture
- Leading in an age of complexity
- Breaking silos – Be generous and collaborate
- Forming coalitions and empowering others
Gaining the competitive Edge – Connecting people and machines to data
- The Edge is a data-rich environment with new sources of information developing every day; an example of this in practice.
- Connections between people, machines, and the organisations that transform data is vital but how do you action this information?
- How to extract business value from this data-rich environment.
Pre-recorded presentation/ Fireside chat
Head of Application Development and Systems - Process Control & Automation
12:40PM - Day 1
From steel to sustainability – a look at digital data in manufacturing
- How disruptive technologies are allowing Tata Steel to reach ROI in a high-fixed cost industry, from IIoT to Edge Computing and the Cloud.
- True efficiency though embedding technology in improved business process.
- Living in the age of Industry 4.0 – How predictive maintenance and data integration have changed optimisation.
Virtual Conference Agenda
Keynote: Future Progressions – A look at the IoT Connectivity space
- How has 5G disrupted and evolved the connectivity of Iot devices?
- What will be the next disruption in the IoT connectivity landscape? WiFi 6?
- The IoT has come a long way in the last 10 years, what are the predictions for the next 10 years?
5G & IoT Evolution
- 5G networks are live in many countries of the world including the UK, a closer look here at this deployment phase.
- What does this mean for the IoT?
- Where do we progress from here?
Staying ahead of the threat – security in the IoT eco-system
- What are the most important considerations for an IoT device manufacturer when it comes to security?
- How to manage the minefields of policies and standards.
- Is transparency between users and manufacturers the key to a truly secure ecosystem?
- What are some best practice recommendations as we navigate the IoT era?
Barriers to adoption – what are the biggest challenges?
- What are the current challenges across the IoT space including, granular data, data protection, security and legacy equipment?
- What technologies are enabling operators to adapt and overcome these challenges?
- How industries are adapting to new business models and thriving from IoT enabled processes.
Testing & Standards
- How to ensure your products are creditable for market.
- Standards for IoT in the industrial space.
- Collaborations across industries to create best-practice standards.
Smart Building Project Manager - Google Account
04:15PM - Day 1
The future of the smart sustainable living; cities, stadiums & beyond
- The latest trends and technologies making connected living advancements, from smart utilities to connected workplaces
- Ideas on where to start – What needs to be implemented early on and how to evaluate what will work bets for your needs?
- As 5G allows for heightened connectivity and efficiency speeds, how will this impact the adoption of the network for smart environments?
- What partnerships are key to building inter-connectivity between devices? Does it all need to be the same or is variety in technology, hardware and software the way forward? Are Cloud and Mesh Systems the vital components?
- How to understand the data and glean insights